North West Bash - Sat March 7th

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very romantic :wink: you do know what day the 14th is?
anyway sign me up i'm sure the missus wont mint too much

Tom

I were dragged up in Lancashire, and promise I haven't developed a Brummie accent - is that close enough to sneak in when the bouncers aren't looking?
Steve

Dan - bit far for me and other's (I suspect) from this neck of the woods to attend, but have a great day and don't forget the pics :lol: - Rob

The 14th! Are u mad???

The wife would have me by the plums if I went out on the big V day.

:(

Cheers

Karl

I'd love to but that is a bad weekend for me i'm afraid...If it can be later in the month i'm game.

Any Saturday (apart from 7th and 14th) is fine by me.

Cheers

Kal

Dan Tovey":37r44k7q said:
karl":37r44k7q said:
The 14th! Are u mad???

The wife would have me by the plums if I went out on the big V day.

:(

Cheers

Karl

OK, it's not set in stone! I only picked that date because SWMBO is working a 12-9 shift.

Lets have suggestions for dates then. Preferably a Saturday.

Dan

Sat 7th March :D

count me in, can't wait. I'll just get the map out...... Stockport, ermm stockport..... is that just north of cambridge.... no can seem to find it......... whats that.... up north....... ohhhhhhh noooooo ....... yeh ermmmm sorry busy that day, maybe next year. bye

Doctor":2dcbvhlq said:
count me in, can't wait. I'll just get the map out...... Stockport, ermm stockport..... is that just north of cambridge.... no can seem to find it......... whats that.... up north....... ohhhhhhh noooooo ....... yeh ermmmm sorry busy that day, maybe next year. bye

Go on Bob,

You know you want to!

I would like to attend that one too if I can get enough fuel for my rocket powered wardrobe :roll: Afraid the 14th would be out for me too though as I have promised SWMBO a candle lit meal. :roll:

Hi Dan, know i'm a newbie an' all, but i wouldn't mind putting faces to a few of the names if the invite extends......! ?

FJ

Right.

Decision made.

SAT 7th MARCH it is.

I was thinking of getting together around 11.00 am and shipping in lunch from our excellent local chippy around 1.00pm. Tea and coffee will be on tap all day courtesy of the coffee shop next door.

All are welcome regardless of newbieness but please let me know if you plan to come so I have an idea of numbers.

Any suggestions on format of bash are welcome. I've never been to one.

So now I've got a month to tidy up!

Cheers
Dan

Excellent, works for me I think. Count me in, will let you know if that changes.

I'm also a 'Noobie to Bashing' so not sure what goes on. I know there seems to be a lot of tool gloatage, so I will bring along a fully sharpened set of LV handplanes for people to play with if anyone is interested. I will also bring along the new LV Dovetail saw if anyone wants to cut stuff.

Other than that, maybe some of the experienced 'Bashers' can lend some pointers.

Cheers

Mark

Edit : Okay, if unashamed gloatage is acceptable then I'll bring my Blue Spruce Parers and skew chisels too for those who are interested in completely over the top unnecessary expenditure on tools :D

Bit far for me anf £55 on the train, shame.

I would have thought the main attraction is going to be Dan's shop tour and getting to see how he works. I'd have liked to see his spraying kit. Praps Dan can do a demo of some of his work practices, how he processes all that MDF.

Then seeing as Trim just volunteered, he can do a hand tool/planing demo.

Other than that it's just a chance for a natter.

Back