North West Bash - Sat March 7th

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dan,

Would it be worth changing the title of the thread to include the date? If that's possible :?

Just wondered as some people who looked at the thread early on may assume it is still being held on the 14th Feb - & if they can't come on that date, why bother looking again?

Hope that makes sense

regards

Brian

OK guys,

A fortnight to go, so let's get things organised...

I've so far had definites from;

tombo
dunbarhamlin
Karl
Mattty
brianhabby
mailee
TrimTheKing
furyjohn
Wizer
Snapper
DougB
Dexter

Any more for any more?

I will be PMing you guys who have offered to bring stuff.

The location can be got from my website;

www.duncancheslett.com

Cheers
Dan

I'd very much like to come along, you're about an hour from me, I am though, a proper newb.

Could I bring a few hand tools to get an idea on how to set them up? if there is time.

Or I could stand at the back and just watch and learn :wink:

Lee.

SemiSkilled":d1hlypww said:
I'd very much like to come along, you're about an hour from me, I am though, a proper newb.

Could I bring a few hand tools to get an idea on how to set them up? if there is time.

Or I could stand at the back and just watch and learn :wink:

Lee.

'Course you can, Lee.

I'll put you on the list.

Dan

woodbloke":13lb5o2g said:
SemiSkilled":13lb5o2g said:

Lee.
No good asking Dan about hand tools :lol: - Rob

Don't you believe it - it's all an act!

I'm actually quite a dab hand with a plane or a chisel. The thing is, I don't often bother because power tools do it much quicker!

Cheers
Dan

Hi Dan.
I`m very sorry but i`ll not be able to make it as the wife`s hospital appointment has come through for next week :cry: .
I hope the rest of you guys have a great time & don`t forget a camera so at least i can see what i`ve missed.
Hope to meet up with you all another time.

Cheers.

Doug.

Hi Dan,

Been away for a bit, had some computer issues !

I'm desperately trying to get the saturday off, I'm on Nights all that weekend, and need someone to cover me.........anyway !

All being well, I can stay at my sisters in Cheadle Friday night, and pop over in the morning if you need a hand setting anything up?

I will bring some Festool stuff ( Saw and rails, Jigsaw, and Planer )

Fingers crossed, I'll let you know asap, probably wont be till Thursday.

Meet some heads, cut some wood, eat some chips, and down the "Jolly Sailor" for 30 pints, and a shandy for any "suvernors" who are coming.

Joking aside, looking forward to meeting everyone, never done anything like this before :D

Cheers

Jed

Dan - i'm still on for it - i'm working in Stockport for the next few weeks, so will knock off early on the Saturday :D .

Cheers

Karl

I'm definitely still planning to come over Dan, have arranged the day off work :lol:

Will bring the projector & screen if you like for the Sketchup demo if that's still on.

regards

Brian

I'd be up for this normally as you're not too far away, but Mrs IB is currently working away in the week so the weekends are precious. Interested to hear how you get on and will look out for a future one, perhaps a white rose event...

Cheers, Damian

Yep I'm still up for it. Gets me out of the house. I'm going to have a think about the Sketchup tutorial. Not too sure how much I can 'teach'. I get by with it and enjoy using it, but I wouldn't say I was up to DaveR standards. Depends how basic you want it? What would you all be looking for from a demonstration.

Wizer,

I'd be happy just to get going with Sketchup, I can't seem to get off the ground. I'm going to have another go with the online video tutorials between now & the bash but don't hold your breath.

I made a drawing for my new workshop doors and used Photoshop - took ages. I'm sure such a simple drawing would have been a doddle if I knew how to use Sketchup. Looking forward to your demo no matter how basic.

regards

Brian

wizer":3i82y2sv said:
Yep I'm still up for it. Gets me out of the house. I'm going to have a think about the Sketchup tutorial. Not too sure how much I can 'teach'. I get by with it and enjoy using it, but I wouldn't say I was up to DaveR standards. Depends how basic you want it? What would you all be looking for from a demonstration.

Tom,

I don't know about anyone else, but it is the really basic stuff I need help with!

I just want to be able to draw the basic outline of a project reasonably accurately and fairly quickly.

The fancy rendering and detail that Dave does I can live without until I've developed my skills further.

Its also daft simple things like how do I email a drawing to a client as if it's a picture rather than a Sketchup file?

So please come prepared to give a little demo.

Cheers
Dan

Back