North West Bash - Sat March 7th

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right I'll put something together (tho if Steve is coming he's probably a bit better than me and good at public speaking). Sorry Steve ;) Be nice to see you mate.

Steve Maskery":224a3eki said:
Hi Dan

Is there room for one more? I'd like to come.
What would you like me to bring along?

Cheers
Steve

Plenty of room, Steve.

If I get rid of a few machines and stuff!

:lol:

I wouldn't mind a look at your tenoning jig.

Things are shaping up well.

Cheers
Dan

I'm going to graciously bow out of the SU demo. Steve and Steve would be far superior at it than me. I'm happy to assist them if they need it tho.

I'd like to try and come along if thats ok. I'd like a quick lesson on spraypainting MDF if thats possible. I'm afraid I won't be bringing any expertise with me, but hope to leave with some! Regards Andy

I may bring along the 'Bloody Mitres' along with the LN.9 and shooting board?

Hi Dan, it turns out that by complete lucky coincidence I have to go and fetch some stuff from my in-laws (down the road from you in Alderly Edge) next week-end. It seems churlish not to grab the opportunity for a visit and meet some new faces from 'oop north' while I'm so close, so is there room for another latecomer?

I'm really interested in seeing an expert demo sketchup, as like others I never reallly managed to get a handle on it.

Not sure what I can contribute, especially given the wealth of expertise and rather full itinerary you'll be hosting already, but I can bring my recently acquired pair of Clifton spokeshaves for people to have a play with if anyone's interested. Someone there may be able to show me how to use (and/or sharpen) them :roll:

I also have a home-built system for operating DEs from switched blastgates. It'd be easy enough to yank out the relay box and a blastgate with fitted low voltage switch to bring for a demo if you like.

I'm happy to bring consumables, beer snacks etc., let me know what you need.

MarkW":285r86oe said:
I also have a home-built system for operating DEs from switched blastgates. It'd be easy enough to yank out the relay box and a blastgate with fitted low voltage switch to bring for a demo if you like.

I'm happy to bring consumables, beer snacks etc., let me know what you need.
Ooooh, now I like the sound of both of those (DE relay AND food) :D

Cheers

Mark

Hi Dan et al. Looking forward to meeting all you guys on Saturday. Would it be cheeky of me to bring along some hand planes to get some help and advice on sharpening and setting them up ?

FJ

The more the merrier, and bring as much stuff as you want.

Takes the pressure off me then to keep everyone 'entertained'!

:lol:

I've got parking on site for 5 or 6 cars and there is a car park 50 yards away together with on-street parking. It is a Saturday though, and the shoppers will be out in force.

I'll be around from early in the morning making the place ship-shape and would suggest we start assembling from about 10am onwards with a start proper at 11. Anyone who wants to come earlier and lend a hand is more than welcome - there's a bacon butty shop next door!

A map of where I am is here.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x ... search.srf

The arrow is not quite in the right place but keep an eye out for my A board.

Any questions phone me on 0161 285 7631

Cheers
Dan

Hi all. Was just reading this thread and was wondering if the
North West Bash - Sat March 7th is open to newbies.
Have been reading the forum for a while now and decided to join..
I am just getting round to finishing my workshop...Whoopee ...lol
Been planning a workshop for years and now I have the time to just get on with it..Have a lathe band saw and all the other essentials..
have worked with wood on and off most of my working life but never got time to start creating with wood.
I want to get in to turning pens and other small objects.
So if it is open to us newbies see you there, if my brother does not
get me on another wild goose chase for a car we must have looked at
17 cars so far..and we are just of to Formby to look at another one.lol
Later folks....Yours Mr Bodge

Hi Bodge
I'm really sorry we all seem to have ignored you! It's not deliberate, I assure you. Welcome. And I'm sure there won't be a problem you coming along tomorrow, either, it's not exclusive!
I thank Dan would like to know, for numbers, so just give him a call or email.

Don't forget to bring something along! :)
See you
Steve

I will be bringing a few planes along. My Clifton 7, LN 5 1/2 and LN scraper planes - 85 and 112. The three LN's will be for sale if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Karl

Good idea - i've told Dan i'll bring my sharpening gear, so we can give the blades a quick refresh before the test! I'd be interested to see how the LV compares - do you have the thin or thick blade or both? What else are you bringing - I was thinking of bringing a couple of Philly planes as well.

Cheers

Karl

Back