Joke Thread 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is correct, in fact the big advantage of non-plug-in hybrids is that regenerative braking recovers a percentage of the energy used to accelerate. I thought this was common knowledge.
Not just ‘non-plug-in hybrids’. We have a full EV and a PHEV, and both use regenerative braking.

Not just ‘non-plug-in hybrids’. We have a full EV and a PHEV, and both use regenerative braking.
I didn't say just "non-plug-in" hybrids have regenerative braking. Obviously EVs and PHEVs also have regenerative braking. I was merely saying that the big boost in efficiency of non-plug-in hybrids is the regenerative braking. Plug in stuff has other advantages as well.
Once again, what point are you trying to make?

Never thought of that, the discs are there for emergency breaking they would get very rusted if you literally never used them
Leave a car standing for any long period, then look at the state of the discs. My car was left unused for 3 yrs (moved on/off my drive at regular intervals), I had to virtually drive it on the brakes to 'clean 'em up' when I took it for MOT (pass).

Wow regenerative in car entertainment. what next?

Sorry. :)
Continuous re-runs and repeats maybe? Or would that never happen these days? :) Put the brakes on, back to track one of the playlist :) That could play havoc if the satnav was integral, you'd never get where you wanted to go, you would keep going back to the beginning :)
And, if it was an electric ambulance that had a Doctor on board, would it keep changing it's interior layout? And presumably the Doctor on board would also regenerate. That could make coming home at the end of a double shift rather awkward. 'Mummy, a strange man has just let himself in the front door'. 'It's OK, Daddy was driven through some roadworks at work'. 'Oh, OK, but I don't think the long knitted scarf suits him'.
(yes, I know that regenerative and repetetive are not the same, but this is still supposed to be a joke thread :) )

Continuous re-runs and repeats maybe? Or would that never happen these days? :) Put the brakes on, back to track one of the playlist :) That could play havoc if the satnav was integral, you'd never get where you wanted to go, you would keep going back to the beginning :)
And, if it was an electric ambulance that had a Doctor on board, would it keep changing it's interior layout? And presumably the Doctor on board would also regenerate. That could make coming home at the end of a double shift rather awkward. 'Mummy, a strange man has just let himself in the front door'. 'It's OK, Daddy was driven through some roadworks at work'. 'Oh, OK, but I don't think the long knitted scarf suits him'.
(yes, I know that regenerative and repetetive are not the same, but this is still supposed to be a joke thread :) )
#Where have all the good jokes gone - long-time passing#?
#Gone to --------------------------------------------?

😆🤣😂 They are the original set of pads.
I which case, depending on how old the car is, they probably do want replacing. That is why most manufacturers specify a mileage or time period for certain replacements. If those pads are say ten years old I certainly wouldn't want to rely on them in an emergency. If the adhesive bonding the friction material to the back plates has degraded with age, and exposure to the elements, then you might find they separate in the event of a heavy application. Then regenerative might be the only braking you have !

I which case, depending on how old the car is, they probably do want replacing. That is why most manufacturers specify a mileage or time period for certain replacements. If those pads are say ten years old I certainly wouldn't want to rely on them in an emergency. If the adhesive bonding the friction material to the back plates has degraded with age, and exposure to the elements, then you might find they separate in the event of a heavy application. Then regenerative might be the only braking you have !
Drum brakes are the answer, brake linings riveted on! I'd forgotten about doing that on my P4 Rover all those years ago.

An electric motor is a generator and a generator is a motor (put electricity in and it'll spin, spin it without putting electricity in and it'll generate electricity - as well as drag; which can act to slow down a car using said motor). Hence you can get away with very little use of mechanical brakes.

That said, given the ropey build quality of Teslas I'd be surprised if that many make it to 162,000 miles ;)

Fly swat.jpg

Wow regenerative in car entertainment. what next?

Sorry. :)
ICE is now IVI. In vehicle infotainment. Seems our entertainment is now also informative. Not sure I agree. I’m really not interested in being told that Billy and Bobby are travelling to Cardiff on the M4 to celebrate their wedding anniversary with family and could they have a shout out for Tamsin who is preparing the lunch. I really loose it when the DJ says “Oh and what are you having for lunch”.

Back