No response from Tuff Saws ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iajon69":3f3ndx7o said:
Hi Everyone

I've not had time to read the whole thread but I have been having some problems with emails and with the website - just found out today that the contact us form on the site isn't working and and messages sent through there haven't been getting through. Hopefully this will be sorted tomorrow and we are working on the email problem. To be honest, we are not really sure what's going wrong as majority of emails are coming through fine and some just don't seem to be getting through.

If I haven't replied to an email, it's just because I haven't received it and I can't apologise enough for this and I am trying my best to get this sorted.
The new website has recently gone live and it's thrown up a few unexpected issues and being a sole trader, it's difficult trying to sort everything out and keep on top of the orders!

Any messages left on the phone have been replied to but there is a message on there saying that it could be a couple of days for me to return phone calls as there's just so much going on at the moment - I'm trying to sort the website out, keep on top of work and today was spent looking at a new unit so starting work at 5am and still working at 10.30pm is the norm at the moment!

I will read the thread properly tomorrow and send a PM to the OP - was the original message sent through the website or email?

Got to go now as have to be up at 5am but I will read through this properly tomorrow.

All the best and thanks for the support.

Ian (Tuff Saws)

Ian,

Saturdays query was by email to a link on the net and yesterday I used official contact on form onsite.

Placed order for blade anyhow on strength of glowing reports from forum members...just hope its right size :?

Good luck on fixing your mail.

Regards

WAIT. I had the same problem and found that he is so busy he does not get round to his e-mails or messages as often as he should. When I did get through and spoke with him, he is such a nice helpful chap, that you will be glad you waited. I ordered blades and then when I had tried them, ordered some more, which came in a few days.

He is the best blade maker around, so try and hang on as it will be worth it.

Alex

(We can't all be Superman!)

SteveF":17lju240 said:
even though I cant get one of my blades to cut straight :(

I know that is my useless attempt to set it up

all the best

Steve

Steve - if you want to email (or send a pm through here) then I will look in to this for you. It could be a faulty blade and if it is then no amount of adjustment on the bandsaw will make it cut straight. It's very rare for a blade to go out faulty but it does happen.

I've contacted the OP now and his choice of blade was fine so no need to change the order and someone a lot more technically minded than myself is currently looking into the email problem.
We have discovered that some gmail email addresses are not getting through which is a bit confusing and I can't understand why some are fine and others are just not getting through at all - hopefully we will know sometime today and work out a fix for the problem!

It's a bit of a nightmare at the moment but hopefully we can sort out the website/email issues and in then in the next couple of months moving into a bigger workshop will mean that I can finally have a small office and fixed landline phone number so that contacting me will be a lot easier!

Thanks again everyone for the support and kind words - it really is appreciated.

Ian

Ian

I was in no way suggesting it was a faulty blade
I am sure it is just me
and it would definitely not put me off from ordering from you again

it is the 5\8 fastcut blade I can't get right
the 1\4 blades work well
the 1\2 also

the fastcut just looks at a piece of wood and turns right :(

sorry to OP for diverting this thread

Steve

Hi all,

Only fair to say Ian was in touch today. All good.

My BS12 came today......should I try the stock blade supplied ?

I am veering toward binning it and going straight for the Tuff when it arrives.

Regards

i used original blade when i got mine

cut up some firewood :D

it was ok till i found a nail or three
made me realize I took the right decision ordering new ones
i also suggest u order in at least pairs...get thru half a job and bust one :(

Steve

Latest posts

Back