NMA

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

Had a mishap this afternoon. I had to turn my mammoth Basato 5 through 90deg, raised it onto its wheels and then BANG, one of the castors sheared a mounting bolt.

I called NMA, and the guy only knew about the current wheel kit. But I got put through to Alan, who has been there since god was a boy, and knew exactly what I was talking about. ("He's only been here 3 years, still settling in" - Yorkshire humour!) Seems that was the reason they changed to the new wheel kits. The shearing castor, not the Yorkshire humour, that is.

Anyway, the upshot is that they will fit a new stud if they can, and send me a replacement castor if they can't. Given that the machine is several years old, (even if the wheels are not used very often) I thought that was pretty damn good.

And I don't think is had anything to do with me being Steve Maskery, Internationally Renowned Woodworking Superstar.

Possums.

S

Pleased to hear that NMA are still prepared to give customer satisfaction when things go wrong, they gave me reasonable service last year and I'm an unknown personality :)

Waka":1vwinwhp said:
Steve who? :D

Good question! Here are some of the (more repeatable) names I've been called:

Maskrey (and some of my clansmen do spell it that way)
Maskerey
Muskery
Marskery
Mackery
Maskelly
Mascari
Mascurry

and my personal favourite

Masquery

Sometimes I wish I was plain Smith.

:)
S