Moving workshop/transporting machines - any tips??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after many many months of solicitors taking forever and some difficulties with the chain we are finally moving to Devon.
Very sad to see my workshop empty although it seems a lot bigger now all the stuff has gone. 😂😂

Attachments

• 69079BDC-8A37-4BE4-995D-0BBF09BBFEA0.jpeg
    69079BDC-8A37-4BE4-995D-0BBF09BBFEA0.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 0
It's all been said I think! But castors would be the last thing on my mind - the less mobile each item is the better.

Machines can be tippy in transit - they can tip forward, backwards (!) or sideways. So must be restrained.

I've moved machinery up to 350 Kgs by screwing it to wooden skids which enables easy motion on rollers (lengths of old conduit kept for the purpose) - you can turn corners by skewing the rollers. A stiffened or chocked plywood ramp can give access to a van or trailer if 2 or 3 people are available. A rope is handy to have. Once in the vehicle everything has to be packed (fairly) tightly &/or strapped.

And yes, one has a mind for weight distribution ...

If you could palletise each item you could maybe hire a pallet truck but you'd need a tail-lift - or you could book Palletline who seem to charge about £70 per pallet for most of mainland Britain (and have tail lift vehicles with pallet trucks).

It's all been said I think! But castors would be the last thing on my mind - the less mobile each item is the better.

Machines can be tippy in transit - they can tip forward, backwards (!) or sideways. So must be restrained.

I've moved machinery up to 350 Kgs by screwing it to wooden skids which enables easy motion on rollers (lengths of old conduit kept for the purpose) - you can turn corners by skewing the rollers. A stiffened or chocked plywood ramp can give access to a van or trailer if 2 or 3 people are available. A rope is handy to have. Once in the vehicle everything has to be packed (fairly) tightly &/or strapped.

And yes, one has a mind for weight distribution ...

If you could palletise each item you could maybe hire a pallet truck but you'd need a tail-lift - or you could book Palletline who seem to charge about £70 per pallet for most of mainland Britain (and have tail lift vehicles with pallet trucks).
Broom handles are my go to rollers.. couple of quid each.

Back