NINJA FOODI

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't be difficult to justify the cost of whichever of these devices suits your needs when electricity is 50p+ per unit.
True, my plug in power meter arrived the other day so I know that frozen fish and roast veg for two (cooked for 18mins in my Vortex 1700W air fryer) cost just 12p at current 😜 rates, maybe 20p when we're paying 50p per unit.

I did cheese on toast yesterday. I did the toast in a toaster for ease, then finished it in the Foodi. Less than five minutes, and perfect. The grill in the oven would take that long to be hot enough to use. I'll try the toast in the Foodi next time. A luxury now - the cheese has gone from £8 a block to £14 in a few weeks.

I’m still toying with the idea of a ninja foodie or similar, we don’t have much worktop space but aside from that a quick google seems to show an oven costs somewhere between 14 to 18p per hour. Thoughts?

Looks like Aldi have a version - Ambiano Multi Cooker - £ 89.99, Online order only.

Anybody with a Ninja 15 in 1 model OL750UK can please tell me the height from work top to top of open lid so I can see if it will fit under our wall cabinets?

37cm closed and 58cm open for 15 in 1
Nearer to 38cm Closed & 58cm Open.
BUT - The Instructions Clearly State "Do Not Operate Directly Under Cabinets"
(The steam will damage the cabinet-contents and the cabinets themselves will, in time, fall apart !)
It is an exceptionally good multi-cooker and well worth the price...Wait for one of their special-offers to come around.

With the cost of electricity reducing dependance on your oven can only be a saver so rather than dither and um and arg just buy the Ninja 15 in 1 and don't look back, I certainly don't regret buying our one after reading Mr Pascoes post and his cooking cornish pasties and we have a noticable reduction in electricity usage. Think of it as a tool for food and just like our woodworking tools we want good quality that can deliver.

Thanks all for the size and advice, as I thought it wont fit under the wall units anyway so the steam warning while noted doesn't apply now. I went ahead and purchased the 15 in 1 Foodi from John Lewis as they have a 2yr warranty and for less than 24hrs they were the only place in the UK that seemed to have any stock. They had been on offer at £249 recently and in the energy crisis had all been snapped up. No doubt due to demand the price is now back to £299.
I am hoping this wont be like the waffle maker and sandwich toaster that got used for a few weeks then found forever homes in a dark cupboard. We do have an air fryer already, its not huge or heavy, has a sliding drawer and sits under the wall cupboards next to the gas hob with extractor above. This does get used, I do bacon and eggs in it as there is no splashing of fat everywhere to clear up.
I may have to make a wooden cover for the hob so this Ninja can be sat under the extract although that means no hob while using the ninja, all depends on the amount of cooking smells and steam emitted from it. I have an island with power but no extract over & one other worktop with a clear area above which may be suitable. I will have to see what my nose says! I stopped smoking around 10yrs ago and since then I have an ultra sensitive sense of smell with most things in the kitchen cooking smelling to me like school cabbage stewing. So extracting smells is not optional.

Nearer to 38cm Closed & 58cm Open.
BUT - The Instructions Clearly State "Do Not Operate Directly Under Cabinets"
(The steam will damage the cabinet-contents and the cabinets themselves will, in time, fall apart !)
It is an exceptionally good multi-cooker and well worth the price...Wait for one of their special-offers to come around.
Apparently Argos are selling air fryers 96 an hour. I expect it'll be a while before we see any decent special offers.

I bought a spare pot (inner liner) for mine after watching the Ninja site for weeks. It eventually showed as in stock, and it comes with a replacement seal - the seals still show as out of stock - so I bought it. I looked to recommend to my friend that she got one and it was already showing as out of stock again. The are obviously struggling to keep up with demand. The spare makes cooking on a larger scale easier and you don't lose the residual heat when you swap pots.
Our oven has been used three times since May.

Apparently Argos are selling air fryers 96 an hour. I expect it'll be a while before we see any decent special offers.
Yr
I bought a spare pot (inner liner) for mine after watching the Ninja site for weeks. It eventually showed as in stock, and it comes with a replacement seal - the seals still show as out of stock - so I bought it. I looked to recommend to my friend that she got one and it was already showing as out of stock again. The are obviously struggling to keep up with demand. The spare makes cooking on a larger scale easier and you don't lose the residual heat when you swap pots.
Our oven has been used three times since May.
I blame it on you Mr Pascoe biging it up on here every one reading your reviews then rushing out to buy one (You will be telling us next you were not gifted your 15-1 you bought it with your own money )😁😁
Any way awaiting ours to come arrives at the end of the month meanwhile i bought the wife a black karate suit and slippers so she can stealthely creap round the kitchen 😂😂 PS she makes great chops

I may have to make a wooden cover for the hob so this Ninja can be sat under the extract although that means no hob while using the ninja, all depends on the amount of cooking smells and steam emitted from it. I have an island with power but no extract over & one other worktop with a clear area above which may be suitable. I will have to see what my nose says! I stopped smoking around 10yrs ago and since then I have an ultra sensitive sense of smell with most things in the kitchen cooking smelling to me like school cabbage stewing. So extracting smells is not optional.
'Smells' depends on food. Smoke is down to the oil (if any) used? Go for high smoke oil > 200C smoke point. Light olive oil is well over this, often the max temp of air fryers.

For months now, I've seen this topic and puzzled as to what the thing is. It may be sold in the US, but it hasn't gained the cult following that the insta pot did for a while, nor what the air fryers did somewhat temporarily (we haven't had one that lasted more than a couple of months, though they do make super skin-on chicken).

And then, I got the wholesale club (closest one here is BJs, if Sams or Costco is know there, same thing - all three are local here) catlog today, and on the front of it....

.....Ninja Foodi. I'm kind of offended as I always assumed that we got the best junk from China first. I'm writing a letter to Chairman Xi on my Tiananmen Square letterhead this instant.

(not able to convince the mrs. to get a sous vide device, so luck with this one may also not be good).

Back