NINJA FOODI

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the kids are no longer at home its just the two of us, some years ago I bought a table top Halogen Oven from lidls, it was a crazy cheap discounted price of maybe £9.99 and it sat langusing on our worktop for 18months doing nothing,,,the instructions were non existsnt and I think we didnt quite know what to make of it, so a decision had to be made.
Looking online it was clear lots of people were in the same predicament and after a bit of pokeing about the penny dropped, its was just an oven, plain and simple, but its small, heats up in a minute or two and its a breeze to wash the big non stick “bucket” that forms the interioer. We now use it all the time, it roasts, bakes bread,,,well simply it does everything a regular oven does. I think Hallogen is supposed to be more economical, it clearly saves massively on warming up time and its fan is silent within a few mins of turning it off, unlike our regular ovens and now were worrying what are we going to do when it eventually conks out? Maybe have to take a look at Ningas?
Btw weve used simple Prestige presure cookers for 40yrs, and wouldn't be without it.
Steve.

There is no point in me buying another decent non stick pan. The wife always puts the chicken in and then cuts it up with a sharp knife no mater how many times I tell her not to.

A guy at work brought one and I went online to watch a few videos and one mentioned cancer. It seems air fryers can create acrylamides and I think there were 10x or more than fat fried. They approached the air fryer association or something and they agreed with the test results. The recommendation was to cook them for less time and at a lower temp - soggy chips. I can't find the video now which is a shame as it was interesting.

Anyway if we have any money left over after the move I will consider one. The wife will probably complain about another gadget in the kitchen so I will have to persuade her first. We can put it in the same cupboard as the de hydrator, sausage maker and mixer I brought that she doesn't like using!

My wife has the most annoying(annoying to me anyway)habit of cutting things like vegetables directly on the wooden countertops:eek: when there is quite a large number of cutting boards of all shapes and sizes sitting unused in the cupboard.This drives me nuts and i know that she knows this, so many years ago i gave up asking (on occasion pleading) her not to, and every few years when they have been sliced and diced to death i rip em out and replace with new ,better that way than causing an argument because she does keep those knives very very sharp;);)

How many people can remember when all you needed was a saucepan to make soup, so what makes a "soup maker" an essential kitchen must have?
speed and convenience - we have a Morphy Richards and it is superb. you roughly chop the ingredients, stick them in and make chunky or smooth soups at the press of a button in 20 mins without standing over it.

I am thinking of taking the plunge and getting a multi cooker. I have never had a deep fat fried/chip pan so don’t feel compelled to go down the air fried route. Never had or used a pressure cooker either but am more interested in this.

The Ninjas are very expensive and seem like a large outlay for a gamble that may end up languishing in a cupboard after a few uses. Are they the festool of the multi cooker? I think I am looking more at the Erbauer end of the scale.

I was looking at this one, any one got one?-

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9483037

The Ninja is much better than a festool, they take a little getting used to but cook in less time and you notice the savings in electricity. We have cooked bread with great success even though we have a Neff steam oven and they are so versatile, currently working on toad in the hole which has eluded us even in the main oven but it cannot be black magic!

Bit the bullet and bought this
1663679285950.png

this weekend from the big river place. Includes a recipe book with times/temps in. Will probably be experimenting this coming weekend. Bought it to try and save money using this in place of the electric oven. We'll see.🤞

Back