NINJA FOODI

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've got one of the smaller (single pot) models (the wife loves her kitchen gadgets). It does do a nice job of cooking crispy chips with pretty much zero oil. We have occasionally also put pieces of chicken in it; which worked well too.

Have to admit to fancying one of these sort of things for a while but not sure if they are really worth it though

They look a good product, however I went down a slightly alternate path and last year bought one of these -
Instantpot
...and I love it, its great for super quickly cooking things like chili-con-carne, pork ribs, belly of pork, dahls of all descriptions all done in one pot and around only 20mins cooking time
Pork ribs for example after about 19mins come out so tender the meat literally is about to fall off the bone.
For sure as different style of cooking than an air fryer but I wouldn't be without mine!
/Ed

Ninja foodi !! Good stuff

We've got their airfryer/ pressure cooker combo and also their magic bullet blender copy .

My dad is an apprentice trained chef, worked up and down the country in nice places and worked as the head chef of his own restaurant before retiring

When I was growing up he never used kitchen gadgets said they were all rubbish. However a few years ago we bought a ninja foodi for the pressure cooker after someone recommend it, we've never looked back. He uses it now more than the proper cooker, lunch and tea almost everyday . In fact it's cooking chicken breasts right now as I'm typing.

Fantastic bit of kit would recommend

But I wouldn't bother with just the plain old airfryer myself , may as well get the multicooker with the pressure cooker & airfryer combined. It's very handy, it's roughly the same price too.

https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/...ZO1V34PHe27zh1R8xcBoCzL8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I guess it's essentially a compact fan oven, yes ?
My wife would ask,
"What does it do that we can't do already ?
Where are we going to put ot when it's not in use ?
How heavy to lift in and out of the cupboard ?
How often does it need cleaning and how fiddly is that (it doesn't look easy to clean) ?
What are you going to throw out to make space for it ?"

:)
The oven isn't a staple kitchen appliance in a lot of the world. If you were moving into an unfurnished flat in Asia, a rice pressure cooker, induction hob and an air fryer would cover an awful lot of your needs.

Last edited:
We cook all sorts in it, it would be easier to list what it doesnt do ! It's particularly good for cheap tough cuts, pressure makes them tender.

Roast chickens ( or any meat ! We often give a few mins pressure and then roast keeps it juicy especially leg of pork )
Mash potatoes (pressure cooked 6mins for perfect mash)
Soups
Stews
Stocks
Gravy
Casaroll
Shepherds pie (both the mash and the mince & then baked together)
Curries
Chillies
Root veg (carrots sweed ect)
Italian tomato sauce from fresh ingredients (would normally take all day boiling, done in 20mins)
Anything slow cooked
Surprisingly they make really good bread both proving and baking
Almost as fast as a microwave for reheating
Belly pork
Chicken wings/ legs/ drumsticks
Get it hot you can do steaks, they turn out fantastic
Pork chops

The only thing we don't like it in is chips, air fried chips are naff nothing beats a real deep fat frier.

It's pretty well made too, we use and abuse ours, the poor thing has a very tough life here but she just keeps going never had a minute's trouble

I simply can't recommend them enough.

Last edited:
IMG-20220201-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20220509-WA0001.jpg

Joint of belly pork, pressured and then roasted in the ninja , tender and succulent

For bread, the wife just uses a heavy casserole pot made from cast iron, with the steam setting on our oven. Dough mixed using a Kenwood Chef mixer.

We have had the Tefal Actifry for about 6 years and would not do without it we bought it because chip fryers tend to foul the air in kitchen this one you cant smell and we have cooked battered fish and prawns ,chicken, sausage etc we bought the rotating basket for these foods . Its far healthier with less fat used

I am wondering about bread - does anyone else use one (or something else) for bread?

Lots of videos on it

I'm not sure if the air frier would be perfect for bread ? I don't think it can be turned down low enough for proving.

As for power consumption, there's nothing more efficient than a pressure cooker. A little bit of power to bring it up to temperature, and then hardly anything to keep it up, most things are fully cooked in 5/10mins, a full large chicken is done in 20mins pressure ( would take 1:40+ in an oven )

Haha how funny, I literally took delivery of one other day. Qvc were having a daily deal plus used a voucher code.
(you can also pay in 4 months too)
Never used one but then had one at work and used a couple of times.

So went all out and got the duel ninja, only used a couple of times and it is good. (birds eye chicken etc)
- probably too bulky to be lifting in and out cupboard been needed, mine now sits on an ikea stand thing.

The main reason I got it, is not having to put whole oven on for a few fish fingers or small oven bits.

A mate had a cheap one but absolutely loved it so will be upgrading to the ninja

Easy to clean.

Have a look on the tube or TT at air fry recipes tricks and hacks

But once you get one, maybe you can kick off the 'post the last thing you just made in your airfryer' lol

Attachments

• 0_20220508_105534.jpg
    0_20220508_105534.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 12
We started with the Ninja mini, which just about cooks for 4. Ours is the older version with 2 lids - the second for pressure cooking. It does this well, with no loud hissing. If it's a joint, you can swap lids and brown it crisp - magic pot roast! Air frying is good - toss in a little oil first if not chips. Do your own spicy potato wedges. Also bakes well. Ideal for motorhome / caravan oven grill replacement. Also uses much less electricity than main oven or grill. Really excellent if you cook from fresh. Also, toast bread in toaster, then air fry with cheese, magic toasties! The new version has managed to keep pressure cooking but with just 1 lid

We were so impressed we also bought the larger maxi. This does not pressure cook, but adds a ridged grill. This gives chops burgers chicken etc a low fat barbecue flavour. Without grill plate is big enough to roast a joint, bake in a dish of your own, roast vegetables, and air fry larger quantities. Very versatile, includes meat temp. probe for automatic timing of rare, med, burnt, etc of all types of meat.

Both being closed in use cut down cooking smells, and air bourne oil and grease, so cuts cleaning. The devices are easy to clean too.

The one with pressure cook option is probably place to start. Download all the books and instructions and have a read. Instructions are good but cooking guidance could do with expanding a bit as not every food is listed, but you can usually fine something similar, and such guestimation has yet to give a problem.

Well we don’t have that model Phil but we do have the ninja foodi 15 in 1 and wouldn’t want to be without it after a couple of months
It’s really well made..heavy and sturdy and does everything well…..so far

Ian
I have this one too....It's Very Expensive, but ABSOLUTELY worth every penny !....
It cooks so quickly that it is reducing my electricity bill & I expect that it will do so for many years to come !
https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/...ith-smart-cook-system-7-5l-ol750uk-zidOL750UKIt is so versatile that I have stopped using most of my other kitchen equipment - except that
I also bought several of their Stainless Steel "ZEROSTICK" Pans, which were similarly expensive - but Also Highly Recommendable.
I have Never - Ever - Experienced Non-Stick This Effective & WITH A 10 YEAR GUARANTEE !
https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/ninja-cookware-stainless-steel-cms-pg_NinjaCookwareStainlessSteelI Advise You to Take The Plunge - You wil not regret the investment......Bon Appetit !

Back