NINJA FOODI

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot pen my letter yet - the version on the flyer looks nothing like the ones shown here. It looks like a small flat toaster oven for $149, but it says "ninja foodi" nonetheless.

There is very little smell from the Foodi even when roasting meat, although garlic does smell.
When the pressure cooking vents there's a load of steam, as you would expect, but very little in normal cooking.

What you're describing is what our instapot does. As soon as it builds pressure, it shuts off heat unlike the old pressure cookers, and there's no chug-uh-duh-chug sound.

Am I correct the device you're talking about here is kind of a do all with air fry and steam pressure, etc?

https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-foodi-8-in-1-flip-mini-oven-sp101uk-zidSP101UK
This is the thing advertised here, but without the pounds, UK code, etc.

Do these devices (whether pot type or whatever else) last well? The air fryer only contraptions that are marketed here do not.

Our instapot is sort of the same thing (they may make one that air fries), but without the dry air functions.

The mrs liked it at first - it's convenient for hard boiled eggs, I guess, but mrs. has gone back to the slow cooker.

I miss the air fryer and what it can do to pedestrian chicken thighs and legs as well as no oil fries (chips in your words).

For months now, I've seen this topic and puzzled as to what the thing is. It may be sold in the US, but it hasn't gained the cult following that the insta pot did for a while, nor what the air fryers did somewhat temporarily (we haven't had one that lasted more than a couple of months, though they do make super skin-on chicken).

And then, I got the wholesale club (closest one here is BJs, if Sams or Costco is know there, same thing - all three are local here) catlog today, and on the front of it....

.....Ninja Foodi. I'm kind of offended as I always assumed that we got the best junk from China first. I'm writing a letter to Chairman Xi on my Tiananmen Square letterhead this instant.
https://www.ninjakitchen.com/foodifamily/

If anyone is looking for a 15 in 1 foodi for a Xmas gift, John Lewis have had 2 deliveries in the last 10 days that have all sold within a 24hr period @ £299 but JL do offer a 2yr warranty with their sales and they are taking unwanted gifts purchased on line back right up to mid January I believe. So you could buy one as a banker then if some retailer has a black Friday silly offer price, you could return the JL one. Though I think the extra year warranty might just be worth considering.
Use the JL "notify me when back in stock" email to be sure of snagging one before Xmas.

You might want to look on eBay for reconditioned returned units by the Foodi people and give a one year guarantee. Our 14 in 1 arrived in two days and a saving of £80. Couldn't even find a scratch on it.

Well Phil our 15-1 arrived this afternoon not opened it yet that's 10 days early , Weather is so good been gardening all day with other half so after our dinner we will enjoy checking out the contents bargain at £185

Hi all. Had a problem getting the pressure cooker up to pressure last night so thought I would let it run through a steaming cycle to see if a clean would solve the problem. It is on the steam setting, not used before”and has been on “pre” for around 40 mins and hasn’t started the cooking cycle yet. Is this normal?

Feels like it might have to go back 👎

Unfortunately mine has been returned. The sensor wasn't picking up that the plug was inserted. A bit of a pain at the beginning of a cycle but it would ruin bread etc. when it decided the plug wasn't in place in the middle of a cycle and cut out - I'd have fiddle with the plug half a dozen times or more when everything was too hot to touch. It's gone back to Amazon, they were brilliant to deal with ................ unlike SharkNinja whose customer service is non existent. I spoke to lady who was very helpful and said the unit would have to be replaced, which was great .......................... then three weeks of unanswered emails.

Hi all. Had a problem getting the pressure cooker up to pressure last night so thought I would let it run through a steaming cycle to see if a clean would solve the problem. It is on the steam setting, not used before”and has been on “pre” for around 40 mins and hasn’t started the cooking cycle yet. Is this normal?

Feels like it might have to go back 👎
View attachment 147592
Looks to me like the steam that should be building up is escaping, have you tried removing the sealing ring and cleaning/refitting? Also is the lid selector in the right position to seal down the lid? Oh I have one but its boxed for xmas so no chance I have previous experience, just guessing ;)

Well I couldn’t get it to commence the steam cycle. I opened the lid and managed to fool the switch into thinking it was closed and I slid the lid lock back and forth a few times. Then wiped all surfaces with a bit of kitchen towel.
I then had another go with the pressure cook cycle and it worked ok. Only had clean water in it though.
I was cooking a Lancashire hot pot yesterday and was browning the lamb chops with the lid down and can only surmise that the fat from the chops has clogged everything up. Will need to keep an eye on it, maybe put it through a steam cycle once a month to clean it.
Lancashire Hotpot was delicious by the way🤤🤤

Has any one put the pots in the dishwasher. Currently washing by hand but wondered if the none stick stays put. Would be more efficient to use dishwasher than to wash by hand but not if it wrecks the pot.

What does the manual say? Most of the coatings should tolerate a dishwasher without issue.

The only kitchen equipment I've ever had an issue with is attachments on a kitchenaid, but the manuals literally say not to put them in a dishwasher because the plating on them won't tolerate some dish detergents (acid reaction?).

I ignored that and found that the instructions were right. :oops: Not a huge harm, but the plating is gone and the surface of the beater attachments can oxidize like pot metal or exposed aluminum, which is kind of nasty.

Well I caved and we bought one on Friday from Argos (everywhere else was out of stock). Cooking with it has been a tad emotional as it is a new cooking experience for both of us. We cooked this morning's breakfast with it which went well but Sunday dinner was a challenge. How to cook 2 pork chops (we normally have roast chicken), roast potatoes, roast parsnips, roast carrots, steamed sprouts and green beans plus 2 pre-cooked Yorkshire puddings in a Ninja 15 in 1 Foodie.... My wife decided the answer was to air fry said ingredients and steam the sprouts and green beans on the induction hob as usual. This involved air frying the roast veg for 20 mins, taking them out, covering, then air frying the chops for 20 mins, both meat and veg cycles involved turning halfway through. The chops were removed and covered with tin foil and the roast veg and Yorkshire puddings returned to the crisper and reheated for 2 mins. It all turned out well, but we agreed the chops needed to be cooked a little longer (they look cooked but were a bit tough) or maybe steamed then air fried, the roasted veg was perfect.

1668977530685.jpeg

Now, a constant tension between my wife and I is the filing of the kettle; she would happily completely fill it for one or two cups, having had her father drum into her the 'dangers' of kettles boiling dry. I, on the other hand tend to put in too little water in my efforts to save energy. So, we find ourselves in a 'Jack Spratt' conundrum. My wife's friend has since lauded the usefulness of this energy saving gadget to (almost) replace the kettle, which we are now contemplating:

https://casodesign.co.uk/products/caso-hw-660-hot-water-dispense

Back