Nick Gibbs accident and recovery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I know why he didn't reply to an email last week. A really good (actually, that should read "bad") reason for the lack of reply.

Terrible news - best wishes, Nick, for a speedy recovery. As a cyclist, there is an awful feeling of "there but for fortune..."

Nick's arguably in the best possible place he can be right now, which is a blessing and gives cause for hope.

The old hospital, Frenchay, had a highly regarded trama unit, which only a few weeks ago permanently relocated to state-of-the-art facilities in the new Southmead hospital.

The accident itself sounds horrible, and thoughts and prayers are with both Nick and the family, obviously.

E.

Not sure whether anyone on the Forum is a close mates of Nick (I've only met him at Harrogate & the European) but if there is, I for one would be happy to chip in for a get well gift or some flowers for his good lady.

Well chaps, I have good news.
I've just been to visit him and he is awake, lucid and impatient to get out and back doing stuff. He didn't stop talking all the time I was there and I suspect that the nursing staff think that he is being just a tad difficult. So Normal For Nick, I'd say.
We don't know when he will get home, but I think we can safely assume that we haven't lost him and he is on the mend.
He wasn't aware that there was a thread on here about him, so I told him that lots of people were rooting for him (perhaps that should be routing for him ☺)
I thought you would all like to know.

That's good news, thanks for letting us know Steve.

Pete

Latest posts

Back