Newark Machinery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beardo16

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Does anyone know if www.machineandtool.co.uk will be having an open day to promote there company just like felder do?

Also does anyone know exactly when they will be operating from, i know it states march 2010 but we have some knowledgable folk on here who may know something i dont.

Any info would be great.

Adam

Forum member ciscoeuk is the man behind this business startup.

I'm sure a pm to him would get you info from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Bob

Yes, his last post was 10 January after very regular activity prior to this date

Maybe the boys from Axminster have been round and modified his thinking :lol:

Bob

news update

sorry after a lot of research and financial problems, plus Harvey not wanting to import into the UK for the foreseeable future, and the cost of importing have gone through the roof i have decided to suspend Newark machine and tool till 2011, and wait a short while to the economy to pick up

this will give me time to get things into place and better planned

i will keep u updated later in 2010

atb

ric

Mike.C":1s03gt6a said:
Sorry to hear that Ric. Good luck for the future. Did they say why they did not want to import to the UK?

Cheers

Mike

came down to cost and lack of market

a standard 30" ts would have worked about around £1300 -£1500 per unit inc delivery to your door from me

but harvey said there not enough market for his business at present?

Pity. I just don't understand why there's no Grizzly Europe. I can't believe there's no market for this kind of machines. Not the best, but very decent quality at an affordable price.

The UK Market is much much smaler than the states. Whilst we have very very few 'good' woodworking tablesaws available, there are plenty of not-so-good coming from well known established importers\retailers. There just isn't space in the market, even for such well regarded machines.

wizer":ajdgv49v said:
The UK Market is much much smaler than the states. Whilst we have very very few 'good' woodworking tablesaws available, there are plenty of not-so-good coming from well known established importers\retailers. There just isn't space in the market, even for such well regarded machines.

after researching this i totally agree with wiser

I'm sure CE marking is part of the issue too.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with CE marking but it is another set of qualification that Grizzly must undertake for only a small increase in market size.

Bob

Probably so, but that's why i said Grizzly EUROPE. I can't believe this is a 'small' market. Germany to name but one is a big woodworking country.

The jet jpt-310 i bought in the UK has a euro style plug, so Jet seems to make machines for the whole of Europe, not only the UK.

There are 2 factors IMO why the US is better served for tool manufacturers, magazines and generally all things woodworking;

1. It is clearly many times bigger than the UK, so creating a larger market.

2. What I will call the 'pioneer spirit' of the US seems to have left them with a populus with a far more self sufficient 'I can make that' kind of attitude. This leads to something like woodworking having a far greater hobby appeal as its a hangover from building your own homestead on the range, which again increases the market demand.

Thats what I reckon anyway (might be b*ll*cks, but its a theory :lol: )

Ed

The US is better supplied, period.

I buy a lot of outdoor gear via the net in the states simply because
a. it's available and
b. it's considerably cheaper (even with import, but this can sometimes be
avoided)

Back