New tv programme

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree...! 🤔

Im a bit puzzled by Bourbon's comment...?
I often view Dom's YouTube channel and he has always come across as a genuine, affable guy.
Surely it goes without saying that he comes across as a nice guy, that's how presenters are supposed to come across, it doesn't mean that he is.

That said, I've never met him so I can't say either way

Surely it goes without saying that he comes across as a nice guy, that's how presenters are supposed to come across, it doesn't mean that he is.

That said, I've never met him so I can't say either way
Oddly enough, I only know him from 'The Repair Shop' and have always considered him to be something of a charlatan. I think he first annoyed me when I saw him using an electric pistol drill freehand holding the component he was drilling in his other hand!!!

I no longer watch 'The Repair Shop' - though I do consider the clock man & his sister along with Will to be worth while.

He has his own workshop and a channel on YouTube.....He is currently working on a complete restoration of an old Porsche amongst other things.

Had a quick scroll through EP 1, "Cabinet maker" with a £20K Martin saw in his nice workshop! no wonder he's got to knock out some work.

Oddly enough, I only know him from 'The Repair Shop' and have always considered him to be something of a charlatan. I think he first annoyed me when I saw him using an electric pistol drill freehand holding the component he was drilling in his other hand!!!

I no longer watch 'The Repair Shop' - though I do consider the clock man & his sister along with Will to be worth while.
Talking of The Repair Shop: has anyone ever see Jay actually DO anything?

Though I do watch the Repair Shop ( much to my wife's annoyance ) it has evolved into a complete " Mawk-Fest " Which is where Jay- as an ex-social worker- comes into his own, meeting and greeting the troubled owners of broken objects.

Though I do watch the Repair Shop ( much to my wife's annoyance ) it has evolved into a complete " Mawk-Fest " Which is where Jay- as an ex-social worker- comes into his own, meeting and greeting the troubled owners of broken objects.
very much agree with that, bizarrely similar to the x factor in that way too much screen time is taken up with personal stories. cold as it sounds, it is all irrelevant (to me at least), I just want to see the repair / build / act (delete as appropriate). can't help but feel that there is an element of exploitation, privacy should have a lit bit more value than it does, I'm not saying that anyone is being forced into anything, but equally if you don't want your story told, you don't get your item repaired so privacy becomes currency. Maybe over thinking it.

I often have a look at 'salvage hunters - the restorers' as there is no to no story, just an object and skilled craftsman.

Latest posts

Back