Kings of the Wood - TV series.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qwercus

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen much comment about this programme which airs Tuesday evening on Quest TV.
The format is similar to 'The Repair Shop' in that a member of the public wends their way to a workshop deep in the woods. They then ask a team of woodworkers to create something for a deserving friend or family member. The difference is, of course, that the article will be new rather than repaired/restored.
The woodworkers have diverse skills including chainsaw carving, cabinet making, marquetry etc. I've watched the first 2 episodes and the workmanship seems to be of a high standard but I'm only giving my opinion as an amateur.
I believe the series is filmed at the Beaulieu Estate in the New Forest.

I've seen one. It'd be better (as would the repair shop) without the mawkish sob stories.
Without those stories there wouldn't be nearly enough public interest to watch the program.
I've watched both episodes and I have to say I really like it, it's deserving people being gifted with meaningful works of art, I absolutely love the treehouse bird bath in episode 2, it's beautiful to look at and the sentimental connection was endearing to see in the faces of the couple who recieved it.

Back