New tablesaw for incra products

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrenr6

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking to invest in some incra tools for some more precision in my work,

currently i only have a cheapy tablesaw from b&q the old performance pro 10" FMTC10TS, however after looking at the mitre slot it does not seem to be big enough to accept the incra mitre gauges, not 100% sure it wouldnt fit, but dont want to take the chance, unless someone on here has tried this combination by any chance but i would doubt it,

so i am facing the decision of buying a new table saw, however i dont want a cheap nasty saw, but i cant afford a really expensive one, i was just wondering what saws out there anyone would recommend, i have to bare in mind that whatever saw i do get, it has to be able to accept the incra mitre gauge and also be able to accept the incra ls rip fence which bolts on the front and back, and preferably have a cast iron top, alothough this is not a must have just be nice to have,

thanks for anyones thoughts in advance,

regards,

warren.

Almost no European saws will accept the incra system as it is. You will have to make, but it have made a replacement guide rail for it. At present, I don't know of any commercially available bars. I am also not aware of any new saws that will accept it as is and are below £1000- there may be some though.

I would assess how good the b and q saw is. It is probably like putting a £3000 paint job onto a 1995 fiesta.

Warren,
Have a word with Peter Sefton (Woodworkers Workshop and of this forum) as he stocks Incra products.
I beleive the sliding bars for the Incra are imperial in size but Peter is actively looking to get some metric ones made up - so this could increase the range of saws for you.

Glynne

An alternative would be to buy something like an old startrite saw, which is not too large in footprint but solidly built and has a decent mitre gauge. It might even fit the incra- I don't know the slot size.

Don't get me wrong I rate the incra system highly and have a gauge to fit to my saw when I get around to making a replacement bar.

Back