New SIP 10" Table Saw (Minor Gloat Inside)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new table saw from GoodTimber in Northampton. They had it on ebay an it didn't sell so I went in an bought it. £700 I paid. Thats brand new but a little dusty having sat in a shop for years. Plus the Sliding carriage for that price.

Very happy to have bought a really good tool that I've wanted for ages!

Well Done Chems. I do like the look of that saw. You did indeed get it for a good price. I've seen them ago for around that price on eBay. Their price fulctuates on eBay, I think it's because people naturally assume that SIP is a cheap brand. But this saw is a cracker by all accounts.

Keep us informed... ;)

Knew you'd like it wizer ;)

I've seen just the saw go for around £300 on the bay used so I thought with the sliding table this was a serious deal. It'll be nice to have square cuts and not have to take the riving knife off to do cross cuts all the time.

That is indeed a very good price, with the sliding table included - hope you've got the space in your workshop with all these tools you keep buying!! :D

:) Its not that large but its big enough. I'll adjust my assembly table to be the outfeed and will have the router table on the edge of this to make use of the sliding table and that should see it all nicely condensed.

Chems":1je8k2m1 said:
Just bought a new table saw from GoodTimber in Northampton. They had it on ebay an it didn't sell so I went in an bought it. £700 I paid. Thats brand new but a little dusty having sat in a shop for years. Plus the Sliding carriage for that price.

Saw.jpg

Very happy to have bought a really good tool that I've wanted for ages!

£700 with the sliding table, what a bargain. You pay around £350+ for the sliding table on its own. Well done

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/sip-01495-sli ... rrency=GBP

Cheers

Mike

Nice buy Chems, but a word of warning. Mine was a display model as well, in other words all the nuts and bolts were finger tight! :lol:
If it could fall off it did!. I've still got one nut that I haven't found a home for three years later!

Roy.

lol thanks for the heads up digit. Its got to come apart to be delivered and I need to get in it to attach a proper dust box underneath so I'll be sure to check them all!

What the setup like for the sliding table? Says you can do an 8x4 but doesn't look big enough to me.

Can't help you on that point Chems as I didn't buy the slide, no room at the inn! :lol:

Roy.

I think it normally says something like, will crosscut an 8x4 sheet down the middle, which looks relatively simple on that table. I wouldn't like to crosscut the leading edge tho :shock:

Yes I see what you mean Wizer, I guess if your project required a cut somewhere central on the board you'd be fine. Well still have the guide rail and circ saw if needed.

now i'm jealous, been lokking at these saw and the sliding table package at that price was a steal, have you had play with it yet? what the blade alighnment like and does the fence stay true to the blade, sorry for all the questions i'm excited for you lol

Its not arriving till wednesday and I'll probably have a couple of days fitting dust extraction properly to the base and looking into a large base for it to sit on so I can move it around.

I had a play in the shop and it just oozzzes heavy duty out of it which is such a change cause I had a saw that sounds like the one you said you had for £150.

Chems":wmvs62tg said:
I had a play in the shop and it just oozzzes heavy duty

I think this is what people don't realise with this saw. If you haven't seen it, it's easy to class it in the same legue as it's little brother, or other SIP products. It's a proper saw, the best in it's price bracket IMHO

Mine's had a number of mods and additions to it Chem, to suit how I work etc, and it is now the centre of my shop.
I have a mitre sled, a cross cut sled, a much modded mitre fence, a sub fence, various stops that fit the fence, a tenoning jig, a replacement blade insert and a zero clarence one, a side panel removed for easy cleaning and one extension wing modded as my router table.
I fitted castors to the existing legs without the need for a sub base and I dumped the blade for replacement Freuds of various cuts.
Not spot on straight from the box but a good machine once set up.

Roy.

Roy it would be a great help for all these people asking about the SIP saw for you to document your jigs and fixtures in the Jigs section.

I'm hoping the sliding table will be accurate enough that I don't need to bother with cross cut sleds like I used to. It looks solid and runs smoothly but weather it will do the job? If not I'll get a incra mitre gauge I think. I've got a Freud Blade ready to go in just need a reducer and a zero clearance insert will be top of the list.

Wizer, I know what your saying, I think in this category there are the Axminster AWSB10 thingy that devon has, the Deft which we cant get, the Record which I don't fancy and the SIP. The SIP and Axminster model are clones as I looked at it in the Nuneaton store. I don't rate record on the whole to be honest so wouldnt go for that. I was going to get the deft but they went out of buisness!

Record are not in the same league. Their P/T's and Extractors are good, but the rest of their range is mostly pants (technical term).

DEFT was awesome, but much much more expensive than the SIP.

Righty ho Tom. Just as soon as the wife lets me off the hook with the bathromm rebuild I'll get some pics taken.
My router table mod is actually in the J and T section somewhere.

Roy.

Back