New SIP 10" Table Saw (Minor Gloat Inside)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chems":37lsu3fa said:
I'm hoping the sliding table will be accurate enough that I don't need to bother with cross cut sleds like I used to. It looks solid and runs smoothly but weather it will do the job? If not I'll get a incra mitre gauge I think. I've got a Freud Blade ready to go in just need a reducer and a zero clearance insert will be top of the list.

Wizer, I know what your saying, I think in this category there are the Axminster AWSB10 thingy that devon has, the Deft which we cant get, the Record which I don't fancy and the SIP. The SIP and Axminster model are clones as I looked at it in the Nuneaton store. I don't rate record on the whole to be honest so wouldnt go for that. I was going to get the deft but they went out of buisness!

Chems once set up the sliding table is very good and certainly accurate. In fact its the same one that Scheppach use on their machines. Heres an excellent guide to setting one up from a former member Scrit.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/sett ... ht=setting sliding table

HTH

Cheers

Mike

Digit":34ni8yq0 said:
Righty ho Tom. Just as soon as the wife lets me off the hook with the bathromm rebuild I'll get some pics taken.
My router table mod is actually in the J and T section somewhere.

Roy.

Yes I've read that a lot roy, I was thinking of doing the same but want to make the most of the sliding table. Also scared of drilling holes in the table!

Thanks for the link to the sliding table set up. I'll be sure to use it.

Chems,

Good buy, I have looked at that saw, in fact if you dust it down you could well find my finger prints still on it in places. 8)

Damn you Chems. I was groping that very saw for hours last time I was in Good Timber!. Cheers mate (gazumped again!) :wink:
Still, SWMBO won't cut my balls off now....

Adam.

lol the UKW wolves were circling! Glad I went for it :)

Just to much of a steal at that price brand new to ignore and I've been looking for one for an age.

If mine was anything to go by Chems you will need to check the alignment of the blade to mitre slot and the riving knife to the blade.

Roy.

Dunno if I'll ever use the mitre slot with the table been there? It seems pretty well set up. The blade is back cutting but a whole day of getting it sorted will have to be booked in. To busy finishing off the set of drawers at the mo.

Gotta clean all that surface rust off too. Put a bit of liberon on just now and it felt much better.

you might like to buy a tenoning jig or make something like a spline jig...

Whats tenoning? I has a domino :)

I've cleaned it and waxed it and set the fence up. One question about the fence, when you lock it in I thought this squared it, it almost does but not quite it sort of depends how you move the fence to postion, wizer you'll be happy to hear it does indeed glide from side to side.

Dust extraction from above the blade is terrible, theres no suck off that 100mm connection so I'll be making a new hole at the front for the RDSE to plugin to and leave the 100m for the chip extractor as I had before. Not sure about modifying the riving knife as don't think I can see a reason now to have it off, only took my old one off to do cross cutting. The SIP one comes off by hand no tools needed so thats good.

Very nice saw. I'm pretty sure that it is the same physical beast as my Fox one, but with a much bigger table extension. Looking at the layout and the sliding beam brackets I would say it's the same thing and I'm very pleased with mine.

As Roy says, takes a little fettling to get the blade bang on but once done I can cut absolutely spot on every time now.

Enjoy :D

Looks like a decent setup. Now, you can finally get started on that workbench!! :D :wink:

I like the way you've suspended the 32mm hose out of the way. I can't imagine the crown guard extraction is any better many other table saws like this... In time, you may want to build your own SUVA-style guard and address is then.

While a lot of dust gets thrown below the table, a large amount also gets through up from the back of the blade - I used to work on an old Wadkin saw with no extraction above the table - nightmare! :S You'd probably want a great outlet than 32mm if you wanted any hope of catching it.

Are you still having trouble with the 100mm port on the RSDE2-A?

You might also want to consider one of those drop-boxes everyone is building at the moment, if you intend to use your HVLP extractor - otherwise, the fine dust will only escape back out through the top filter bag. Looks to be plenty of room beneath that outfeed table for one! :wink:

Olly's right about dust thrown up from the back of the blade Chems, I found a zero clearance insert helped a lot there.

Roy.

I have to say after cleaning out the RSDE yesterday and ripping down some Cedar today I could see the dust been pulled into the blade. After a few 8 foot rips I was only left with minor dust on the table. Next on my shopping list is the fine filter cartridge for the HVLP extractor. Next on my job list is a zero clearance insert :)

I could almost do with a port at the back of the blade and one at the front to catch the dust.

About my workbench, I really need to find out if Jewsons or Travis Perkins down PAR beech as I read on here somewhere that they do. If they do I can get cracking.

The saw looks good. Am I right in thinking its the same machine as this one from Axminster, or is it different?

200387_xl.jpg

Ed

PAR Beech? You must be seriously pressed for time! :shock: From what I've seen in your photos, you've certainly got the space and machines to machine lengths long enough to build the top. I just worry that none of the lengths would be straight or square... Also, I reckon a builder's merchant is likely to charge more than your average timber yard/sawmill for the same service...?

Glad to hear you've found an improvement in the performance of your extractor. The trouble with the RSDE2-A is that, because of it's size, it's essentially a 'power tool extractor', lacking the capacities to store larger volumes of waste thrown out by table saws and other large machinery - it fills up faster and you see a reduction in the airflow much sooner.

Another reason to consider a drop-box, perhaps?

Latest posts

Back