New SIP 10" Table Saw (Minor Gloat Inside)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the same model Ed, I looked at it in Axminster Nuneaton and that was when I liked the sliding table. The rail for the Axy model is on a tilt and it has that rubbish outfeed table but other than that its the same.

Olly, I've been extremely pleased with the extractor and need to change the bag a clean the filters properly again as this has improved performance greatly. The majority of the dust is probably falling below that table and been picked up by the HVLP. I don't know what peoples complaints are about emptying. It takes all of a second, I take it outside, take the lid off and pour it into the bin. Id rather the space under my tables for other things!

Re the PAR beech, I don't have a PT and don't fancy hand planning it. If it’s not square I can square it on the TS hopefully but all I need for the top is parallel faces. There’s no sign of my buying a Jet260 in the next few months as I've spent well over my monthly tool budget with a domino and new TS joining the club this month. I'd have to have a look into it and have good contacts to get cheap stuff from Jewson’s. MicktheTree tuned up my number 4 and whilst he was over yesterday and also diagnosed what’s wrong with my number 5 and a half. He took savings with my no4 and left a glass smooth finish and I've never seen that from a hand plane in person. So I may be able to plane up the boards by hand, but I'm looking at an 8¨ bench so it would be some serious work!

Sorry, I thought you still had that 6in. Axminster planer?

Okay, you'd still need a thicknesser... But, you could prepared a straight, true and square face an edge... If your sections for the top were each no greater than 3"x2" then, you could essentially saw the other face an edge to match...

You're making a Roubo, aren't you?

No I sold the CT150 on wasn't happy with the working height or the width. Some things you want an 8 inch panel for.

Yes its the Roubo I'm going for.

HI chems

there really nice saws, I'm more than happy with mine , now you seem to have it all set up nicely you won't be sorry you bought it . keep us all posted with any alteration you do it . hc

Ah, I see. You've done the same as martingchapman, so you can use the sliding table on the router as well. I guess you don't really need that slot in the router table, anyway.

Looks good, I just hope you never have to rip something with the router set up! :?

Thanks for the bigger photos! :wink:

hi

um someone correct me here if i'm wrong , sip 10 " saw isn't that the 01332 , looking at your pics here the extension beds to the right of the blade are much wider than mine on the 01332 plus yours come with the support legs so it doesn't tip over to the right making this the next model up (ask mike c ) he has one, but doesn't that have a 12" blade and not a 10" blade .

If this is right and you paid £700 that was a real good deal less than half price , well done. hc

The support legs come with the sliding table. Thats the left and right table bolted together giving all that space, its the same saw as the one you have just doesn't have the sliding table. I got it for £699 actually :p and got a free piece of PAR walnut thrown in :)

Olly, you know I will need to rip whilst the table is set up you just know its going to happen all the time! Fence will come off easily but still be a pain.

Looks like I'm going to have to have a new supply wired in as this one is dimming the lights and blowing the fuse on start up. Might get a 16amp put in as well so that I have it ready for the Jet 260.

Chems":25h0lk2i said:
Looks like I'm going to have to have a new supply wired in as this one is dimming the lights and blowing the fuse on start up. Might get a 16amp put in as well so that I have it ready for the Jet 260.

So... Did you get the one on eBay??? :twisted:
(It only went for £590, I think!)

I bid for £555.65 but once it went past that I wasn't prepared to go any further and it would have only upped the price for a fellow woodworker to miss a bargain. I think we would have probably wared to £700 mark. Thanks for the link thou olly. I'll get the next one :)

Latest posts

Back