New router table top finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fantastic, Tony - and hopefully you'll be metric by Wednesday or Thursday, as long as the Irish post cooperates :wink:

I really like the way you've shaped the top so the table fits into the corner of the workshop - very clever 8)

Cheers,
Neil

Excellent, so taking into account your windfall, what was the estimated cost?

PS - The more I use this site and speak to you guys, the more impressed I get. And £10 for the plans isn't bad at all

Cost for the carcase with original MDF top (before windfall) was about £70. You only need 2 sheets of 3/4" ply and a small sheet of MDF for the top (plus oak edge which came from my scrap box)

Add to that the cost of 3 drawer runners which I got from B&Q - you can fit the large drawers without these runners if you want.

I made my own router plate but you can buy them for about £20-30

The basic Incra fence is availalble for £150, the Ultra 24 that I used is about £230 (christmas present :) )

The carcase and top took 3 full days to make, which was mainly due to a lack of space i my garage.. With space, I could have built it in 2 days
I am building the drawers as I need them

Tony":3eqx7ucs said:
Cost for the carcase with original MDF top (before windfall) was about £70. You only need 2 sheets of 3/4" ply and a small sheet of MDF for the top (plus oak edge which came from my scrap box)

Add to that the cost of 3 drawer runners which I got from B&Q - you can fit the large drawers without these runners if you want.

I made my own router plate but you can buy them for about £20-30

The basic Incra fence is availalble for £150, the Ultra 24 that I used is about £230 (christmas present :) )

The carcase and top took 3 full days to make, which was mainly due to a lack of space i my garage.. With space, I could have built it in 2 days
I am building the drawers as I need them

Marvellous Tony. Thanks. Your avatar of Saturn? Are you an amateur astronomer too?

kafkaian":3cjeb1kr said:
Marvellous Tony. Thanks. Your avatar of Saturn? Are you an amateur astronomer too?

Interested in all areas of science and have my own 10" telescope - the Avatar is my first ever photograph of another planet :)

Tony":327hm7nq said:
kafkaian":327hm7nq said:

Interested in all areas of science and have my own 10" telescope - the Avatar is my first ever photograph of another planet :)

I made my own 81/2" parabolic mirror once but never got around to installing it. Got it silvered and everything. Years ago. Anyway, back on topic

Back