New old drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard9999

Established Member
Reaction score
A week or so ago I picked up an online auction purchase, but I only managed to get it out of the car and into the workshop today

It was a bit of a punt but the price was reasonable, it came from a small engineering workshop and now having had a much better look at it has clearly been used until very recently and I have so far been unable to find any rust, a lot of grime but no rust.

Like the rust, I have been unable to find any real info about Hogarth as a brand of drill, unlike rust I would like to find more information. I found one website about lathes that suggested Hogarth lathes were most likely imported to the UK, but as per the picture above the badge on the drill claims it is "British made throughout". The letters / numbers stencilled on the side look vaguely military to me so wonder if it started in a military workshop, surely they would have bought British. Any information anyone has on Hogarth would be much appreciated.

Terry.

Back