New Fox Spindle Moulder - have you seen this ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It arrived !!!

Got my neighbour to assemble it for me as I am still too stiff from a car crash.... took him about 30Min's.

For the money it is hard to fault. The bed and sliding table has a beautifully ground top, unlike the Jet planner that I have which look like a ploughed field.

The sliding table has no slop what soever, the instruction shows the fence mounted on the leading edge of the table which is completely wrong for a spindle... mine is now mounted on the back edge to support the wood when tenoning, this makes the angle scale on the sliding table the wrong way round.
When not tenoning the sliding table can be removed and fitted with the supplied fixed table which stands forward 320mm from the centre of the spindle. The fence is sturdy enough and fully adjustable.

Very quiet when running but as yet not yet used in anger.

For someone making cabinet doors two of these machines setup could earn them quite a bit of money before moving onto something bigger

Paul

JFC":3rm3nwqd said:
The Omas cabinet door making set ( if it was cabinet doors you need to make ) is £425 .00 or £670.00 for the one with extra profiles .

Gawd! - reminds me why I make do with a router! Still, I don't earn my living with it which is a totally different kettle of fish.

waterhead37":38koa3es said:
JFC":38koa3es said:
The Omas cabinet door making set ( if it was cabinet doors you need to make ) is £425 .00 or £670.00 for the one with extra profiles .

Gawd! - reminds me why I make do with a router! Still, I don't earn my living with it which is a totally different kettle of fish.

Chris, You can make cabinet doors etc for a lot less money than that, a set of door profile cutters to do the rail & style can cost as little as £12 (someone will now let us know were they are even cheaper :D ).

recieved mine today, quite easy to set up nice little machine for the money, will do what i need, tried it with the trend cutter block to cut a rebate 20mm x 16mm in soft wood and didnt miss a beat however my experiance with spindle moulders is very limited so hopefully someone with more knowledge can give a better review

Hi Paul,

That arrived fast! Sounds like it is a reasonable buy? Don't think I will buy one myself as I have a slightly larger Scheppach and would like a bigger machine now, but plan on keeping the Scheppach as well. But at the price I am tempted, it is just the space issue.
The guy I know hasn't called me back yet, but do you think it would be a reasonable machine for someone working on their own making small mouldings for furniture use? I know he needs something.

Hi Newbie here,
My CMT router is really doing my head in now, I’ve got it in the bright orange router table and I think it’s bent, everything is vibrating, I’ve had it for a number of years and I’ve pushed it to extreme limits. So I’m looking for a change. I looked at some of your comments in November around the Fox spindle moulder. I’ve never used a moulder mainly because of price but this one is so cheap, it looks too good to be true. One of the reviews on Rutlands website states that it can be used with router cutters also with the purchase of a collet. Does anyone know if this is true or has anyone tried it? And yea just wondered how those of you who own one are getting on with it.

Thanks, Simon

Apparently you can fit router cutters but I wouldn't bother doing that with mine as the spindle speed is far too slow. I bought my fox when they were £299 on sale, I only had a router table before and I am building up my tooling, but I can tell you for rebates it certainly chomps it out.

Back