New extractor port

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobblezard

1 step forward, 2 back, 2 forward - rest - repeat
Reaction score
Hi I've got a problem.
Having lent out my old (reserve) Axminster drum extractor it came back with the port smashed, I've tried looking for a replacement, Axminster can't supply and I can't see anything online to fit the bill.
Looks like I'm going to have to make one, it's for a 63mm hose, has anyone got any ideas or done similar? Obviously I need something flexible to fit the profile of the drum.
Thanks for any thoughts

What is the manufacturer and model number of the extractor? Many of Axminsters older vacuum extractors (and with a 63mm port I'm guessing that's what it is) were made by Yorkleen - they have a policy of holding spares for their machines for about 15 years i think so you should have no problem if indeed it's one of theirs.

Thanks Mark, I'll look into that and sorry Chris, I did try to upload a pic but couldn't workout how to resize them on my phone...

Thanks again Mark, I did source a replacement from Yorkleen, very reasonably. Finally got round to working out the picture thing so here was the offending part.
Thanks again :)

Attachments

• DSC_0327.jpeg
    DSC_0327.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0358.jpeg
    DSC_0358.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 64
I bet you won't be lending the offender any more equipment? What did he do with it?, practice demolition...LOL

No he decided to use it to clear the ashes and soot after sweeping the chimney, then, when it weighed a ton, pulled it by the hose to reposition it and no, he won't be getting any 'wood tools' from me any more...

bobblezard":22qgfswq said:
No he decided to use it to clear the ashes and soot after sweeping the chimney, then, when it weighed a ton, pulled it by the hose to reposition it and no, he won't be getting any 'wood tools' from me any more...

Sounds like he's a bit of a tool himself :lol:

Back