Help:- AEG Dust Extractor (Camvac)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham T

Reaction score
Hi

I need some help connecting my old AEG Dust Extractor which looks much like the predecessor CamVac CV386-2 (I think). I bought it for only £9 so can’t go wrong. I am having trouble identifying how to connect the 4” inch inlet hose to the drum. I have tried a Record Power CamVac Bayonet Hose 'Click Fit' Fitting For Camvac Machines but this does not fit the fitting on the drum.

Any ideas about what it should look like and where I can purchase one? If not I will use sealant to “make it fit”

Thanks, Graham

Attachments

• AEG Dust 2.png
    AEG Dust 2.png
    695.8 KB · Views: 0
  • AEG Dust 3.png
    AEG Dust 3.png
    617.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AEG Dust.png
    AEG Dust.png
    784.3 KB · Views: 0
Looks to me as if the plastic nozzle is damaged - there seems to be a chunk missing on the LHS. A bit of gentle butchery is probably in order. Can’t grumble for the money though!

Looks to me as if the plastic nozzle is damaged - there seems to be a chunk missing on the LHS. A bit of gentle butchery is probably in order. Can’t grumble for the money though!
Yes I think that may be my only option

One further thought: the inlet on my Camvac extractor goes in tangentially to the drum. On your AEG machine, it seems to enter radially. While you’re butchering…

One further thought: the inlet on my Camvac extractor goes in tangentially to the drum. On your AEG machine, it seems to enter radially. While you’re butchering…
I also noticed the hole behind the plastic is somewhat smaller and the sharp lip is going to be turbulent if left the way it is. Fixing that will improve the little sucker. 😉

Pete

Thanks all. I have opted to use the pipe connector which I have sealed in place. Failing this I will convert to the "new" cyclonic style inlet. For the amount of work I do I don't think it will be worth the effort at the moment. But you never know.

Thanks, Graham

Axminster make an tangental inlet for one of their extractors, I bought one as a replacement part.

Back