Festool KS60 to 100mm extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete, I can use the company down here. :)

A few years ago, I evaluated a FLIR thermal imager that connected to bottom of an iPhone and was very impressed with the performance, small size, and especially price. I think it also worked with iPads, but I didn't have one available for testing.

Or you could get the Flir C3-X - a really nice small standalone thermal imagining camera which is proving very effective in our house. ;)

Or you could get the Flir C3-X - a really nice small standalone thermal imagining camera which is proving very effective in our house. ;)
My interest in infrared dust pictures doesn't extend to those kind of prices. When the time comes I'll put money into a pitot static or hot wire anemometer. :)

Pete

My interest in infrared dust pictures doesn't extend to those kind of prices. When the time comes I'll put money into a pitot static or hot wire anemometer. :)

Pete

Hi Pete,

with the criminal prices we are being charged for energy in the UK at the moment I'm on a mission to hunt down cold spots and plug gaps - quite a task in an old house. My theory is that it will pay for itself quite quickly, or that's what my wife has been told anyway. ;)

Hi Pete,

with the criminal prices we are being charged for energy in the UK at the moment I'm on a mission to hunt down cold spots and plug gaps - quite a task in an old house. My theory is that it will pay for itself quite quickly, or that's what my wife has been told anyway. ;)
In your instance I can see the value. My house was built during 2016 and is double walled, making for about 11"/280mm of fibreglass batt insulation in the walls. It was blower door tested at about 1 1/4 air changes per hour. There is a heat recovery ventilator to keep the air fresh and dry. All that means I don't have any holes to plug up to save heat or the opposite in the summer when the AC is on. While old homes have character new ones are more comfortable. Tradeoffs, availability and affordability.

Pete

In your instance I can see the value. My house was built during 2016 and is double walled, making for about 11"/280mm of fibreglass batt insulation in the walls. It was blower door tested at about 1 1/4 air changes per hour. There is a heat recovery ventilator to keep the air fresh and dry. All that means I don't have any holes to plug up to save heat or the opposite in the summer when the AC is on. While old homes have character new ones are more comfortable. Tradeoffs, availability and affordability.

Pete
So you already have savings that far outweigh the cost of a camera so in effect the camera has already been paid for, without having to do the work 😉

Pete
I'm a builder here in Canada. all our house builds here in Windermere, B.C. are net zero houses. We strive for .5 air changes per hour, but most come out at point .6 - .7 per hour. I myself feel these new houses are making new house cost unaffordable, in the old days we had leaky houses. We seldom had mold issues. Now we have sealed houses and have to install huge expensive air Exchangers for the house to breathe. Essentially opening a window in the window so we get fresh air and no mold issues. There is really no such thing as an affordable new house. We keep adding ways to seal houses 100% then add things to allow the house to breathe or bring in outside cold air and release inside stale air in a so called controlled air. This easily adds 100-200 k to a house build, with all the new types of windows, double wall and ceiling systems, air exchangers, labour, etc etc etc. to accomplish what an older house did. They are even telling us now we should insulate less around windows and doors, to allow them to breathe a bit As they are seeing mold issues and ice on windows. We also have to control humidity with expensive machines now.

Last edited:
While I'm here does anyone else with a KS60 have the perfect dimensions and height shelf for for this saw to fit within on a mitre saw bench?
With the feet on its deliberately the same height as a small single systainer.
The idea being that on site you use the closed systainer as a work support for longer lengths.

Just realised that's not really helping much, sorry. 😀

Back