New cordless drill / impact driver choice?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Austinisgreat":1tnntmew said:
@ Sitefive,

Impact driver plus combi drill plus 3 x 3A/H batts plus charger and case.

About par for the course having spent a day looking around.

Don't pee too much on my cornflakes I'll be upset :shock:

Andrew

well you got ripped off HAAARD!
probably the same set you have but with 2x 3ah batteries
£183
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Makita-18v-Li ... SwDN1URh6A

and it was first result on ebay, how hard did you actually looked?
I was aware how much makita stuff costs as was looking to get a kit myself and know that the bare units are around £60 for impact and £45 for driver +whatever the cost of batteries.

edit: that set isn't the best in that link so skip that, but still it's around £60 for impact and £45 for driver +whatever the cost of batteries and other accessories you need.

sitefive":25plzbfm said:
Austinisgreat":25plzbfm said:
@ Sitefive,

Andrew

£183

I was aware how much makita stuff costs as was looking to get a kit myself and know that the bare units are around £60 for impact and £45 for driver +whatever the cost of batteries.

edit: that set isn't the best in that link so skip that, but still it's around £60 for impact and £45 for driver +whatever the cost of batteries and other accessories you need.

2 x 1.3 ah batteries vs 3x3 ah is not close to the same and the poor chap has already asked for people not to "pee on his cornflakes" Show some respect!

Beau":1b0f3lev said:
...and the poor chap has already asked for people not to "pee on his cornflakes" Show some respect!
Agree; also, the OP hasn't said what model he bought - maybe it was one of these and he got himself a bargain...

sitefive":123o4q4l said:
Austinisgreat":123o4q4l said:
@ Sitefive,

Andrew

£183

I know a couple of people who bought this kit. These are not the 18v LXT battery kits so they don't work with any of the Makita range and the batteries and chargers are not compatible at all. I would not buy these as they are DIY use only. You can't get batteries with more than 1.5ah for these tools and I think the range is only the drill and impact driver.

You can only get reasonable Makita kit from about £80 above for bare tools. The other stuff isn't up to frequent or hard use. Unfortunately, Makita make a very very broad range of tools but don't tell you anything about how some stuff is DIY and other stuff is proper trade use.

Back