Never felt so sad

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8squared

Established Member
Reaction score
Had to pop out to Warrington today to collect a birthday present for my lad.

While driving round something in the corner of my eye caught my attention it was an industrial building with a black and red sign that read... Axminster.

A quick mention to the mrs was returned by her saying call in for a minute if you want... Of course I had to assure myself I'd heard correctly which I had so off I went.

Had a chat with the deputy manager about table saws before realising it must of been many more minutes than I was allowed to stay so with a deep sadness inside I left...

Making sure to grab a Christmas wish list... I mean store catalogue on the way out.

I'm very fortunate because my closest store is Basingstoke and next door to that is Hobby Craft so MrsStu can go to Hobby Craft while I go to Axminster. There seems to be a competition as to who can spend the longest in their chosen store! It is quite funny though as she'll spend £30 and think she's spent a lot! Obviously I don't tell her how much I've spent but if she spies a Festool logo then she has a reasonable idea!

I must be lucky. The Missus says it's one trouser leg apiece!
Mind you there was a time when I had to have efficient 'radar' in place! :lol:

according to her who must be obeyed I am neither.......she did say I am part rodent though and keeps singing Rat Rapping for some reason lol

Glad to say, I don’t live within driving distance from Axminster Tools, otherwise the will power would be severely tested. And the credit card would flex that much, it would probably break. :shock:

Take care.

Chris R.

I have to say that actually my wife really doesn't care what I spend on what. Not once in our marriage has she ever complained about the amount I spend on anything. If I spend excessive amounts of Festool kit to the point where we couldn't afford to buy food then she might say something but as long as we have enough to do the basics then she's very chilled out about the rest. She hardly ever spends money on herself.

DiscoStu":2em0pwbn said:
I have to say that actually my wife really doesn't care what I spend on what. Not once in our marriage has she ever complained about the amount I spend on anything. If I spend excessive amounts of Festool kit to the point where we couldn't afford to buy food then she might say something but as long as we have enough to do the basics then she's very chilled out about the rest. She hardly ever spends money on herself.

Are we married to the same woman?

MickCheese":xjrp8san said:
I live very close to Axminster in high wycombe. It's not a good thing. Pop in for some glue, exit having spent a fortune. No will power, that's my issue.

Mick

It's 'won't-power' you need Mick... 'I Won't buy that, or that, or that!'

I've had the 'misfortune' to visit all of the Axminster stores, apart from Basingstoke.

Also, I get my Axi invoices by email. It means that SWMBO doesn't get to see what I've been buying from their web store. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back