Never buy fox - total junk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2tone

Established Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't touch fox with a barge pole,

I bought a fox circular saw and it was a piece of junk - The motor wasn't balanced and if i didn't strap it down it would have bounced down the road with the bit of wood it had just scorched. Which was promptly returned to the shop!!!

Today i borrowed a small fox jointer/planner for a quick job on site, to make better the factory edges, it went Something like this - 0.5,1,1.5,2,2,3,0.2,0.5 FECKED Tried to calibrate it - WASTE OF TIME - THAT WAS IT CALIBRATED.

NEVER BUY FOX it ruined my good work and had to start again

i think the guy who paid for it Would have got better edges on the wood if he ran it along a brick wall.

"buy cheap buy twice"
"We're too poor to buy cheap"

There's no sense in buying cheap items, i don't earn a huge amount of money so i always want the best for my money and that never means buying cheap goods. i always make sure i save money to buy the best equiptment because i know i will always get the best quality equiptment, longjevity, customer service and parts.

Always remember things are cheap for a reason and you are not getting a bargain somebody else is getting a good sale - poor quality goods prey on the weak and poor.

Sorry about the rant - after my first for incident i swore i would never buy fox - i borrowed one and it just confirmed my first findings.

"GITS"

:evil: :x

Hunt no further, there's one in my bin.

F22-563.jpg

Fox F22 563 Surface Planer/Jointer - 6" (240 Volt Only)

I've bought a few FOX machines planer/thicknesser - had to spend ages getting it cutting anything but wedges.

Router table again I had to spend a few hours putting right what chinese engineers couldn't.

Saying all that I've noticed the same machines badged under other well known names.

I think I'll buy better quality used machines (wizer must be selling something soon)

TrimTheKing":3lgza37r said:
I have the Fox 10" tablesaw, absolutely perfect!

That's because it is basically the same as the SIP, Axminster and Itech which are all good machines.

Fox has also bought a range of panel type saws out which run from £1,100 upto £2,500, and they look pretty good.

F36-540_500x.jpg

Cheers

Mike

would not":174g3mtj said:
big soft moose":174g3mtj said:
2tone":174g3mtj said:
i wouldn't touch fox with a barge pole,

Neither would I , but onlyn because swimbo would kill me ;)

megan_fox300a.jpg

Never knew she was your other half??!!

nah , megan the fox is about an 8 , a nine in a good light - swimbo is naturally a 10 :D

(no darling you misunderstood, that was points out of ten not dress sizes :lol: )

would not":2op09tdm said:
I think some of the more expensive stuff is of better quality.

I just looked at there top end equipment and it looks substantial perhaps the more expensive stuff is Ok but as always you get what you pay for.

if you spend over £1000, it should be nice.
when you work with the best of tools every day and you use a cheapo, its like working with a fisher price toy from argos.

"what is this"!!!!

wizer":xdd2zijf said:
didn't Rutlands used to sell Fox stuff.....

Yeah they did Tom. Some members got a very good deal on their 10" saws a few years ago.

They have now gone over to SIP for some reason.

Chears

Mike

i own a fox floor standing morticer,spindle moulder, the biggest p/t they did and the 2hp extractor. all needed quite a bit of fettling (except extractor) to get cutting square but they run perfect all day long now.

i had the p/t and spindle running nearly 12 hours during the week and everything was great.. hopefully in time i will upgrade to better machines.. :D

2tone":160l6jud said:
would not":160l6jud said:
I think some of the more expensive stuff is of better quality.

I just looked at there top end equipment and it looks substantial perhaps the more expensive stuff is Ok but as always you get what you pay for.

if you spend over £1000, it should be nice.
when you work with the best of tools every day and you use a cheapo, its like working with a fisher price toy from argos.

"what is this"!!!!
My tablesaw was £550, must have got a good deal there :D

Latest posts

Back