Need help on my Mazda 2 capella

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
The central door locking is playing up, its the rear passenger side door.

It opens on command ok using remote.

However it will not close fully (the inside lever) hence it does not lock until I manually push the door switch and then operate the remote to shut all doors.

( I had a go at my extended mazda warranty, but they will not pay, they claim it is bodywork and that part is excluded as per insurance policy)

Does anyone know the mechanics of taking the panel out and perhaps only cleaning it up or whatever, the mazda garage want £180 plus part to repair.

Hi,

The interior door trim will be held on with a variety of pins and clips that will pull off ( some require a bit of a tug and a few will no doubt break - they are only a few pence each though )

Instructions here:

Bah, sodding links...

[somewebiste] HOWTO-remove-rear-door-panels-and-install-speakers-Mazda-2-5-door-the-cheap-way

if link doesnt work google mazda 2 door panel removal, its on the first set of results.

Mod edit:---HOWTO-remove-rear-door-panels

This should give you easier access to door handle and lock mechanisms, give them all a wiggle/grease/bash and see how that goes.

Probably a good hour or 2 of fiddling the first time you do it, but saves £180 quid if its a nice day or you have a warm garage :)

Cheers,

Pete

Cheers,

Some of the clips will take some tugging to get off, dont worry, just keep carefully tugging away.
Halfords normally have spares in if any do break, or ebay or motor factors.

If its something simple it could be a sticking cable from the door pull lever to the locking mech itself.
You can keep taking things off to eventually end up with the door lock mech removed ( normally a power connector needs unclipping ).

A magnetic extending tool is handy if any bolts drop through the door frame :)

Think the last one I did was a Grand Espace and it was cheaper to just get a new/used mech/actuator from ebay - should be a direct swap with yours if all else fails.

Renaults also have a window clip that fails, 30p part and half an hour of taking the panel off or a dealer would put new actuators/motors/channels in and you end up £500 out of pocket..

@devonwoody:

I know nothing at all about Mazdas, but some years ago (when in-car phones, comms radios, etc were becoming the in-thing) my brother did a lot of fitments into all sorts of vehicles ranging from private cars to big commercial vehicles, even mobile cranes, etc.

He told me that one of the best "tools" he ever invested in for that work was a set of (I think) 3 ordinary bicycle tyre levers from Halfords or somewhere. Apparently he found them very good for removing all sorts of door panels, dash panels, centre console bits, etc.

Never tried it myself but it may help.

Krgds
AES

Thanks AES. It has been on my mind also what to do re the panel, I have even thought of popping into our local bodyshop and asking them to take off the panel for me, it should only be five minutes for them.

I telephoned the local Mazda dealer and asked the price of the actuator and they quoted £120 plus vat, (plus £180 to fit) I informed them that Ebay were quoting £35 so how about a discount, noooooooooooooooh.
I said I would purchase from Ebay then, and he said it would be Chinese rubbish and I told him that sounds like a Mazda one as well. :lol:

Had another look at the door panel this morning and I think I am definitely going to need someone with experience of removing this panel.

Its got a speaker, electric window switch plus this central locking catch with trim round all these items..

I don't know without knowledge if these items are attached to the panel or fitted to the metal door structure etc.etc.;
I cannot get into the Mazda forum, cannot remember my user name and password, so might request someone here would oblidge me and join up and get some technical details for me?

Mazda 2 Capella (1400cc) 2006/7 (not the latest model, part 2007 was the last of its kind, (automatic) 5 door hatchback.

Thanks RogerS you are a real treasure =D> =D> =D>

I guessed there was a bit more to that panel than clips, (hidden screws in the door rest :twisted:)

Tried to give you three lots of thanks but it will only give you one. :wink:

Back