Naming challenge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woodchips2":2ggidh4r said:
I love innovative enterprises Bob so good luck to you and the wife in these difficult times for businesses.

Thanks really appreciate that.

As an enterprise it's never going to make us minted but it will never break me.
I bought the land outright so no debt to pay. The value of the land is unlikely to change big time. It's a very long term investmentand a fun enterprise.

A walk on the wild side?
Fun on the run
Born to be wild.

That's the 70s taken care of - are boomers your target demographic?

Does the 80s have anything to offer? Can't think of anything offhand, but "Live and unleashed" might have a little mileage. Not a lot. Frankly, I think the entire thread is getting out of hound. (So sorry).

If you offer refreshments for the walkers (and I think you should -more income) "Coffee and a beagle?.

Oh, how they all laughed!

Whippet out? Maybe not.

I think it fair to say "I'm not helping much". Sorry.

Paw park,
Tail trail,
The pawfunage
Train my k9
Happy meadow
The fun field
Jogs and logs for dogs

owen":kt1hspmv said:
Are you gonna charge people each time they go or set up like a month subscription? Be interesting to see how you get on with it, I couldn't imagine many people paying to walk their dog in a field but I suppose it's a bit different if it's got obstacles etc for them to train on. Good luck! Sorry I have no idea for names. :lol:

If the field is secure and you can have sole use then there could be lots of customers. A friend had a terrier that you couldn’t let off the lead otherwise it would just disappear, a secure area would have been ideal.

There is one near us associated with a kennels & doggie day care centre. They also have a retail pet shop and a small cafe.

My daughter used the field when she was fostering some dogs, she was not allowed to let them off the lead outside. It was an excellent facility to let them run around and chase balls or just bark at the horses in an adjacent field. They did not have any obstacles though so if the dog did not like chasing balls there was not much else for it to do.

I have no ideas on names, the suggestions so far have been grrrrrrate. I will bow wow out now.

adapting one of Owens
Jogs 4 dogs

also thought of
dogwood challenge

Something for the greyhound/lurcher fraternity might be useful, as they tend to be a bit of a liability off the lead (the dogs, I meant, although the owners too sometimes). Thinking about it - lurcher races would be a fine way to showcase your facilities and drum up business, too. All a lurcher needs is enough open space, no mole holes, and a fence that is obvious enough not to run through it. The owners don't even try to keep up, so coffees all round.

And I really am sorry about "whippet out". There's just no need.

Trainee neophyte":1ydwy530 said:
Something for the greyhound/lurcher fraternity might be useful, as they tend to be a bit of a liability off the lead (the dogs, I meant, although the owners too sometimes). Thinking about it - lurcher races would be a fine way to showcase your facilities and drum up business, too. All a lurcher needs is enough open space, no mole holes, and a fence that is obvious enough not to run through it. The owners don't even try to keep up, so coffees all round.

And I really am sorry about "whippet out". There's just no need.
Absolutely. My lurcher's a menace to anything that runs which effectively means he's not allowed off the lead except at the beach when it's empty and the right season. I'd use a facility like that if it was nearby and not expensive.
And no, no need at all. :)

eta - I've been racking my brain, no idea what to call it...

doctor Bob":klylp2bd said:
Hi Chaps,
I need some ideas for a name.
Me and the mrs are opening up a business, a 7 acre field for dog walking, dog training.
A sort of dog adventure park.

I wanted to call it Billy's place but the Mrs says each area can have a name like that.

So give me a few names like "crazy dog world", "dogs go wild" etc
Video of field from a few months ago.
https://i.imgur.com/xjU0FJn.mp4

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but have you thought that you might need planning permission for change of use, and some sort of public liability insurance?

harryd":3nadfld0 said:
I don't want to be a wet blanket, but have you thought that you might need planning permission for change of use, and some sort of public liability insurance?

We have obtained planning, took about a year due greenbelt issues, people were surprised it was granted but I think it's because it's a recreational thing. :lol: , it means were doing it correctly. There are a few smaller ones around with no planning which eventually will get caught. We have liability insurance as well.

Trainee neophyte":wi2qss4i said:
Something for the greyhound/lurcher fraternity might be useful, as they tend to be a bit of a liability off the lead (the dogs, I meant, although the owners too sometimes). Thinking about it - lurcher races would be a fine way to showcase your facilities and drum up business, too. All a lurcher needs is enough open space, no mole holes, and a fence that is obvious enough not to run through it.

jumpy.gif

Back