My Optical Lab (for the new job)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByronBlack

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok

Some of you may know that I got a new job a couple of weeks ago. Well, seeing as you are a nosey lot, I thought i'd show you some pics of the workshop as it was when I first came in, this is where spectacles are made:

Photo's taken from the left, going round to the right from standing at the door entrance:

373317476_c433031879.jpg

373317477_ca8c44f7fd.jpg

373317481_f459edfd08.jpg

373317483_c7e4c1d27b.jpg

373317488_14012da7e9.jpg

As you can see, it's a total cave at the moment, the pidgeon-holes in the last two photo's are going to be used to store all the frames that are currently being held in hundreds of white boxes dotted around the lab.

The computer desk takes up about 70% of the space, and is used for about 10% of the day - that doesn't really make sense to me, so, some changes are on the cards

The job itself is great, it's a bit of a challenge doing work for four branches, but it keeps me busy and the day goes quickly, and I get home early which should mean I get a couple of hours extra in the workshop (when it's done).

Alf - I always wear "safety glasses" only they are my actual spectacles - there are very few hazards in the machinery - you can't see the 'edger' from the photo's (the machine that glazes the lenses into the shape of the frame) but it has a lid which comes down during grinding.

The most hazardous thing in the lab is the slippery floor or the damp :)

mignal,
the circular saw is the yellow one with the corrugated top , not one ive seen before thou :lol: :lol:
byron,
its too clean . do you do any work their ???

i hope thats not a fire escape route with a sliding bolt on it
and its bolted
shame on that company :oops:

Mel

You may get the impression that it's clean, but you have not seen the floor, the worktops or under the machines! There is a half-inch thick layer of slime everywhere, where the previous tech never had the lid down on the grinder, so a white plastic slurry got splattered everywhere!!

The firexit is the one with the sliding bolt on it!! AND the only means of heating the lab can sometimes cause sparks at the power-point - eek!!

Latest posts

Back