My new (old TS)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergus

Established Member
Reaction score
Did well today..I mentioned to a friend in passing last week that I had bought an Axi TS200 and that it was great but would have to play about with making a table or rollers for it to be able to rip long boards. He then said he had an old TS I could have -as he doesnt have 3 phase in his workshop. So I didnt even know what make it was but as it was more full size I said ty I would have it :) he was going to chuck it anyhow, as it was taking up space.

So his friend dropped it off this morning. Needs a dam good clean as its been sitting in a grain store (as he hasnt used it for 2 years) but it has the full big sliding table and all accersories. Just need to fix the motor starter bit as the button has come off and put a stop switch on it.

But I am well pleased :D

2roruqs.jpg

Only thing I am not sure about is mitre gauge size ?,it has a couple in the sliding table but not sure what they are (as I only had a quick peek). Thats the one thing that bugs me about the TS200 being non standard slot size,but I reckon this might be the same.Oh well cant complain .

Think I might give the old girl a lick of paint to freshen her up as well,although its in very good condition under all the dust and spiders LOL.

Good thing they still make them as I managed to get some nice pictures of how the sliding table goes on, certainly a heavy bit of kit.

After setting my saw up I decided to rout out the mitre track to fit my sexy new incra gauge.

It actually went fairly well as I clamped the fence and added a bar in front and then ran my router with router table insert along the fence ,by moving the sliding carriage I only had to stop once each pass. Ruined three router bits and have ally swarf everywhere but pretty pleased with the result. I just need to file the last few remnats away and it should be a good fit.

Certainly hot work though in the heat today :lol: , the final filing can wait till tommorow :D

2vt9j7d.jpg

oj2mgi.jpg

Back