My first table saw - so many options!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not arguing guys. I'd like to use them too, but situation is as it is. Don't think we can help it, can't we. IMHO it would speed up process by using only one tool but different type of blades that we suppose to change anyway to achieve the result.

Because a router table is safer, easier, quicker, less exposure to dust and noise and can accomplish the job in one pass with the correct bit.

Mike

MattRoberts":1vg1bcvl said:
I'd use the same argument for making grooves with a dado cutter :)
+1. And a dado is cheaper and more accurate to boot. Safety wise I'd say both tools could cause serious harm to the careless or unsuspecting user and therefore whichever one you choose it needs to be shown respect.

I bought the Bosch GTS 10XC table saw. So far, excited. I say excited, because the initial setup is tricky!

I don't have an angle gauge, so as per the instructions, I can't reliably ensure my blade right. I might have to remove the riving knife as the only other option I'm aware of, I cannot measure the front tooth to the back as the riving knife gets in my way to measure the said tooth.

Anyhow, trying to find fine tuning videos on youtube that doesn't use a angle gauge.

Any reader with a helpful suggestion, much appreciated!

Mike_5":3o7ps2qu said:
I bought the Bosch GTS 10XC table saw. So far, excited. I say excited, because the initial setup is tricky!

I don't have an angle gauge, so as per the instructions, I can't reliably ensure my blade right. I might have to remove the riving knife as the only other option I'm aware of, I cannot measure the front tooth to the back as the riving knife gets in my way to measure the said tooth.

Anyhow, trying to find fine tuning videos on youtube that doesn't use a angle gauge.

Any reader with a helpful suggestion, much appreciated!
I'd recommend getting a digital angle gauge (available on Amazon). You set it on the saw top and zero it, then you stick it on the blade (it's magnetic) and just adjust the angle to perfect 90 / 45 or whatever you want.

Well worth a tenner or so

Thanks, I saw those, and figured it'll be pretty easy to apply. I just stopped when the one I found was £20 to £30 ish, and I thought for a rare use of the tool, it didn't feel worth the money. I've put a straight edge flat up against it, and it "looks" square.

I still might go the digital angle gauge, just for a piece of mind.

This is the only tool I've bought and not used on the same day!

Half cut a deep bit of timber turn it over and with the blade stationary see if it fits into the blade without binding if it does its upright.

Mike

Good evening
Im a hobby woody and have a cheap table saw and wondered if the blades make a difference to performance?

If so what are the best blades to use

Shines":21ms0pea said:
Good evening
Im a hobby woody and have a cheap table saw and wondered if the blades make a difference to performance?

If so what are the best blades to use
Definitely - the better the blade the sharper it will stay, and the sharper it is, the cleaner the cut.

I'd recommend Freud or diabolo blades

Back