My bags are packed, I'm ready to go..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm standing he outside the door, I hate to wake you up to say, "Goodbye".

Well almost ready. I've never packed so much stuff for a trip in all my life. I'm taking some old tools with me. I don't use them and they may be of some use over there. My co-contributot to GW Bill Newton has sharpened a couple of saws for me at zero-hours notice today. My local pharmacist gave me the Malarone tabs at cost. My local camping shop gave me a staff discount. People have donated stuff for kids, medicines and cash. JSP have sent two huge boxes of safety kit (hard hats, specs, gloves & more).

To those of you from the Forum who have donated, thank you, thank you, thank you.

I've no idea what I'll be faced with, but in 48 hours I'll find out, I'll be in Freetown, Sierra Leone.

I understand that there is an Internet Cafe near to the hotel (no water but broadband...) so if I can check in, I'll keep you posted. Otherwise, see you in a couple of weeks!

Cheers
Steve

Good Luck Steve!!

Hope it all goes smoothly for you and that you enjoy the experience, please take many photo's so that you can let us know what it was like!

Good luck Steve

Enjoy it mate, it's an adventure and very worthwhile

Latest posts

Back