multico help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonw1664

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi
does anyone have a manual and/parts catalogue for a Mutico TH1 Thicknesser and / or a Multico S1 surface planer? I ave recently acquired one of each machine and they need some TLC and a manual would be a godsend. Happy to pay or amke a donation to your favourite charity
thanks

Last edited:
I’ve restored a few Multico thicknessers, nice fairly simple machines to work on. There is a restoration thread and a manual on the forum by another former member here
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/thread...ico-th-in-the-world-restoration.118842/page-2If you get stuck shout out and post some photos of what the issue is and I or others I’m sure will be able to help.
thanks for the offer of help - much appreciated! I was trying to get hold of the maual to understand in adsvance what I might be letting myself in for - and whether I'm competent enough! As an aside, do you know if anyone makes a Tersa block that would fit a 12" Multico?

TH1 and S1, a wonderful combination. The 12" S model is a very rare machine, I've only ever seen a couple compared to hundreds of 9" L models.

As an aside, do you know if anyone makes a Tersa block that would fit a 12" Multico?

Tersa won't work on the thicknesser as the block is completely captive between the bearings and castings, no way to slide the knives out. You could probably get a Tersa block to fit the surface planer as the end of the cutter block is exposed and you can slide them out but you'd probably be looking well over £1000 for one. I would say either just live with changing regular HSS knives (not hard once you're used to it, you only need to do it every few months even in a busy workshop) or invest in something like the ESTA quick-change system.

I do have exploded diagrams and part lists of the later NTH and NS models, probably not of much use though as they're a bit different to the older TH and S models.

You can get a Tersa any length……the trouble is…….they are stupidly expensive. You would need a little butchery to enable the knives to be removed. Have a look at the Esta Barke Knife System, it will fit the existing block. The carriers are a little bum clenching, but the knives are very reasonable. Once setup you can just change the knives almost as quickly as a Tersa system.

https://barke.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/barke_katalog_12-2018_english_online_final.pdf

You can get a Tersa any length……the trouble is…….they are stupidly expensive. You would need a little butchery to enable the knives to be removed. Have a look at the Esta Barke Knife System, it will fit the existing block. The carriers are a little bum clenching, but the knives are very reasonable. Once setup you can just change the knives almost as quickly as a Tersa system.

https://barke.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/barke_katalog_12-2018_english_online_final.pdf
Hi Deema
thanks for this, I’d never come across this before, definitely interesting, do you find that it all stays adjusted once you’ve set it up?

Hi
does anyone have a manual and/parts catalogue for a Mutico TH1 Thicknesser and / or a Multico S1 surface planer? I ave recently acquired one of each machine and they need some TLC and a manual would be a godsend. Happy to pay or amke a donation to your favourite charity
thanks

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 0

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Multico1.jpg
    Multico1.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 0
Of those that I’ve done, which is a few machines all but one was easy and stayed set. The remainder needed an issue with the block to be resolved get it to stay set. There are I believe a few uses of the system on the forum.

Many thanks for posting the manuals up, I had forgotten that i had posted on the old thread quite a few years ago! It looks like my machine is a TH, I have been using it for years with the feed rollers set way out of adjustment, not surprising that sometimes it struggled to feed, Simply too much pressure & friction.
Now its set up right its running really well.

If anyone needs new slotted blades for their Multico planer, I just bought a new pair of blades from Woodford Woodworking Machinery & Tooling Ltd In Cheshire, ordered yesterday afternoon & arrived this lunchtime.
Excellent service & reasonable price too.

Hi
thanks
I have both, thinking of breaking for parts, what do you need?

Last edited:
I have both, thinking of breaking for parts, what do you need?
Hi
I’ve got the manual now thanks but the fact that you are stripping for parts is interesting. Where in Dorset are you and what would you want for the machines complete? Failing that I would be interested in the cutter blocks (if that’s the right description) and all tbe rollers from the thicknesser - thanks jon

Back