Kity 638 - Parts and Manual

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloudmark

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a Kity 638 machine and I am looking for a copy of the manual and an exploded view of the parts. Can anyone help me with this?

Also, I am wondering if anyone knows of a reliable source for purchasing parts for this machine?

Thank you very much!

Also, I am wondering if anyone knows of a reliable source for purchasing parts for this machine?

Thank you very much!
They are long out of production and Kity was bought by Scheppach.
Look at images and see if the machine continued in production for a while under a Scheppach model number.
What parts may still be available are most likely to be in France but you are decades late to the party ...

https://www.probois-machinoutils.com/en/search?controller=search&aeicats=0&s=Kity

Hey there! First of all, thank you so much for sharing the resources with me. I must say, the machine looks fantastic, but I'm a little worried about finding its parts in the future. I heard that the plastic gear is the weak point of the machine, and I'm wondering if there's any way to 3D print these parts. Do you happen to know what material would be best for it? Thanks a ton!

Hey there! First of all, thank you so much for sharing the resources with me. I must say, the machine looks fantastic, but I'm a little worried about finding its parts in the future. I heard that the plastic gear is the weak point of the machine, and I'm wondering if there's any way to 3D print these parts. Do you happen to know what material would be best for it? Thanks a ton!
Is there a problem with your plastic gear?

I think my machine is from 1986 and the plastic gear on it is fine. I believe mine is made from nylon which I believe you can 3D print on some machines if needed. I wouldn’t choose to change it though unless there was a good reason to.

As you say parts aren’t easy to come by but this is the nature of owning an older machine you might have to improvise sometimes with the repairs.

Last edited:
I have sourced some bits by going on e bay's French site, if you can manage the language issue. This was pre Brexit so any commercial concern might now be reluctant to send to the UK. I have bought plenty of stuff from private sellers since with no problems. The beauty of these machines is that they are very robust and simply constructed. Most of the bits that might cause issues can easily be made if necessary.

Back