mobile machine base

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
I spotted these http://www.rutlands.co.uk/workshop-&-po ... obile-base in the Rutlands sale and ordered 2 of them.

My first order from Rutlands and I wasn't impressed when they didn't have stock and took 3 weeks to deliver however:- arrived yesterday and though I haven't fitted to a machine, I assembled one of them.

I am really impressed at how heavy and sturdy they are. I had intended making a couple of bases myself but at the price it's cheaper to buy these.

Normal price (apparently) £59.95, sale price £34.95 but with a further 15% discount the nett cost is £29.71 with free delivery - great value IMO

Bob

Bob

Thanks for your post and the recommendation.

I'll will order one for my TS200 which seems to always be in the way - well at least that's what SWMBO says :)

Cheers
Hanser

Hi all,

I have four of the mobile bases from Rutlands, all bought during one of their periodic sales and think they are really good value. The one machine that had a home made base had it swopped for a Rutlands one when my own engineering proved less rugged! I also have a base from Scheppach, cost nearly twice as much and came in a box branded as Scheppach, but guess what, it's identical in every respect with the ones from Rutlands. I know some on this forum don't like the R firm and cite waits for out of stock items as one problem but to be fair I've bought quite a lot from them and yes I've had to wait for out of stock items, but then I've also had to wait for out of stock items from the A company also. Just my own experience.

Tony Comber

shipbadger":2q5ftt48 said:
I know some on this forum don't like the R firm and cite waits for out of stock items as one problem but to be fair I've bought quite a lot from them and yes I've had to wait for out of stock items, but then I've also had to wait for out of stock items from the A company also. Just my own experience. Tony Comber

Hi Tony

It was my first purchase from Rutlands so I had no axe to grind but I was miffed as when I placed the order on line there was no mention of out of stock. The confirmation email from there was the same. To be fair they didn't debit my card until dispatch.

I phoned to chase it 10 days later and the sales guy (Luke I think) was very helpful or I would have cancelled.
Apparently both the website and email should have shown the stock position.

I'll will order one for my TS200 which seems to always be in the way - well at least that's what SWMBO says

Hanser

I thought that's what my wife said until I realised it was me she was describing :? :roll:

Bob

I ordered two of these and have been quite impressed. Also a bit disappointed with the long delivery times. Many woodworking e-shops seem to lack a stock indicator.

Good one, Bob

I couldn't possibly quote what my wife says about me on this forum :shock: :shock: :shock:

Latest posts

Back