Mobile base for hammer f3

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBCarpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a solid mobile base for a hammer spindle moulder? Wondering if it’s best to simply get one fabricated? Anyone used any?

Louis

Isn't one of the selling points of the Felder machines the little jockey wheel kit they make for them?

I have my spindle moulder on a heavy duty base from Axminster, I was impressed with how solid it is.

https://www.axminstertools.com/axminster-mb-1000-heavy-duty-mobile-base-508298
The wheels do stick out but my spindle is an old Wadkin where the top really overhangs so I haven't tripped over them......yet.

I just got a little Minimax panel saw, they are designed to be easily moved around on a pallet truck, so simple, don't know why all machines are not made like this :unsure:

Isn't one of the selling points of the Felder machines the little jockey wheel kit they make for them?

FB234624-53E9-49EA-8A09-87CCFC4B0CD6.png

I have a similar set up for my big Ixes/Scheppach planer and it is really excellent. I need to get the wheels and bracket for my other machines as it is so good for manoeuvring around a tight workshop.
No doubt won’t be cheap, but will be worth it.

Cheers

Yes it is - however. I need to be able to roll it directly forwards and then backwards around 1.5m! Not sideways!

Yes it is - however. I need to be able to roll it directly forwards and then backwards around 1.5m! Not sideways!
I couldn’t say for your situation, of course, but the jockey wheel arrangement makes
surprisingly manoeuvrable - the machine can be spun so that it can be got precisely into a tight space (ie not just backwards and forwards).

My spindle moulder is on a base similar to the Axminster one pictured earlier - it was tricky to get the heavy machine into the frame (and it is much smaller than the F3) - It is no more manoeuvrable than the planer and the lever arm on the jockey wheel set up is a joy to use.
I don’t know if the F3 frame would take the wheels and lifting point being positioned front to back? (Just a thought)

I’d be interested to see what you do as I have similar problems with lack of space!

Cheers

I've made them and bought them in the past. Welded feet and castors onto my bandsaw, which is very heavy and unstable - I wouldn't have wanted it 3" off the floor like Doug B's design. For my heavy kit I use the axminster heavy duty base - my wadkin morticer and disc/belt sander are both on those and I've had no problems. I've just bought another for my new table saw as well. They're only £100 ex vat (assume your a business?) so given the cost of materials and time to make one I just stump up and buy them when I need them! I've got some lighter kit at work on warco ones as well - not as high weight rated as the axi one but its half the price.

Back