Mitre saw recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dewalt DWS774 slide mitre saw. Smidgen over £200.(Usually no more than 205)
250x62mm cross cut, soft start etc etc. Small, basic, capable.
The enclosed sliding rails mean its going to sit close to the wall.Unlike the Bosch GCM 8 SJL as recommended above.
I've got this in its old original format(DW700), its been an excellent saw, capabilities fine for me. I do like the enclose rail system. Way better than having them stick out the back.

I'm thinking of one of these for Christmas.
Or an EB kgs 300 which would you go for?!!

I'm thinking of one of these for Christmas.
Or an EB kgs 300 which would you go for?!!
Personally the DeWalt. The bed on it looks bigger and Dewalt is a better quality I'd think. The Elektra beckum rails stick out the back so it takes up more room. But personally I know nothing about it so your guess is as good as mine.

Personally the DeWalt. The bed on it looks bigger and Dewalt is a better quality I'd think. The Elektra beckum rails stick out the back so it takes up more room. But personally I know nothing about it so your guess is as good as mine.
Sent the DeWalt to the Mrs and she got it!🤣🤣🤣 Covid sympathy I guess!
£100+ s/h is a bit of a gamble for me!

The enclosed sliding rails mean its going to sit close to the wall.Unlike the Bosch GCM 8 SJL as recommended above.
I've got this in its old original format(DW700), its been an excellent saw, capabilities fine for me. I do like the enclose rail system. Way better than having them stick out the back.

I use the DWS774 as well.

I work in a v confined space (6x8 shed) and so I needed one which had a decent capacity but small footprint. The fact that the saw slides along the rails (rather than the rails sliding through the back) means that you don't need to allow space behind the saw for working. This lets you put it up against the wall unlike most other saws.

I really like the shadow line feature on the DWS774, the 773 is more widely available but this uses a laser marker which i don't like as much. The dust collection I would say is average to poor which is a shame - I have seen someone make a small modification by extending the dust shroud flap slightly longer and it did make an improvement to theirs - I haven't done it myself yet but it is on my list of 'to dos'

I would love a Festool KS60 (which has actually a slightly smaller footprint than the DWS774 and a similar 'saw moves along fixed rails system ) and apparently excellent dust collection, but finances don't allow for that!!

On offer in screwfix for £169.99!

EDIT: Sorry that is the DWS773

Does this have a depth stop?

Back