Mitre Saw purchase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodds

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am in the market for a SCMT and am looking for help in the purchase. I have a budget figure or around £600. I have heard good reviews about Dewalt and Makita machines but is there something out there that will perform as well as these two. There are dozens of models to choose from and it is difficult to know what the differences are. Any help and advice will be most welcome.

Thanks, Tony :?

As DeWalt and Makita saws are generally very well made, I don't see any reason why you could not consider looking for second-hand or even an ex-demo model.

Some members on here have purchased saws branded SIP and even from Axminster's own range in the past. Occasional users seem to get on quite well with them but, there are bound to be several compromises when you look at the difference in price (yes, you generally do get what you pay for, as with all power tools).

People also generally find that, the bigger a sliding mitre saw is, the less accurate it can be. So, if you only need a 2in or 3in depth of cut, don't buy a 12in saw... ;-)

Back