MILWAUKEE MS305DB

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ja2_k

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Has any body any opinions of the above mitre saw, im looking for it to be permenantly fixed in the workshop, so weight isnt an issue. my main use is general joinery (doors windows stairs etc) im hoping its a rugged well enginered machine. i had a look at the makita but not to keen on the positioning of the mitre scale.

I've not used this saw. I owned a biggish finishing company in Canada with 34 guys and seen all sorts of saws in action, but not this one. The three main ones that i can recommend are the Makita, Dewalt, and the Bosh.

However The dewalt i found clumsy and the bosh had to many options to make it practical. The one i own now is the Makita 12 inch sliding compound which i found on the internet for £512 and it came with a stand and a 12 volt drill. The only thing i miss is the laser my last model had which was stolen.

I never did use the stand, in fact it is still in the box in the shop, if anyone wants it for the price of postage.

Saws seem very personal. Some swear by their dewalts but i didn't find them built as well as the Makita. The new makita i have has a toggle so you cannot pull it down till it is released, which i hate, seems health and safety is getting a bit silly.

If you get this saw i'd like to know how good it is.

Hi thanks for your reply
I actually own a de walt 10" non sliding mitre saw and find the build quality good . But i have read some posts on the latest 12" slider from de walt isnt as well made as their previous saws . also the cuting depth isnt as deep as the milwaukee/makita machines.

Back