Micro Bash Planefest

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very kind Newt!
Worry not about transport - I'll bring my truck to transport us (and the spoils of PFT) and the odd plane...... :wink:
Cheers
Phil :D

Newt wrote:
we can do the business
Pete - I'm up for that, what do Alf, Philly and Paul think? Whatever we do, in my view, the treatment for your back has to take priority, so I think we ought to fit in around your medical treatment. We need, I think to work out some sort of 'action plan' (ex teacher speak :( :roll:) for the day so that we know what's going on - Rob

Did somebody mention lunch?........ :lol:

I am sure we could bung a few planes on a hospital trolley and waft them under Newts nose as they give him the Mickey Finn.... :)

Mind you, last time I went to PFT with Rob, twas not a cheap experience, but somebody did say ....Lunch! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Martin

That's excessively kind of your good lady, Pete - does she know what she lets herself in for...? 8-[

Anway, I'm "wot he said-ing" Rob and Paul - the back comes first and I'm also happy to fit in. Already had the "huh, so you're disappearing off then are you?" convo - which is utter cheek given TPTB in question is disappearing off on a jolly this very day. [-( But I digress... :oops: If there are any tools anyone wants to have a butchers at that I might have, give the customary yell. I'll speak nicely to el Presidente and see if I'm allowed to bring along something new...

My inbox awaits the action plan, sah!
511973541_c003f1208c_o.gif

Cheers, Alf

We will be avalable to provide lunch on the 9th. I will not have any op before then. So let me know who is coming and we will be pleased to see you all. I will not go to PFT it would not be a good idea at the moment but I do not mind you telling me all about it. We have plenty of room if under cover if it is tipping down.

Folks one other point it would be helpful if I know by say Wednesday, so Pam can shop. There will be plenty of room to spread any purchase you feel you need to gloat about.

I'll be there, Newt. As others have said, that's very kind of Pam.

Alf, it would be really nice to have a butchers at your Wenzloff dovetail saw (promise to wear white gloves when handling it :D ). I've had a couple on order for a few months but Mike is quite busy and hasn't started them yet - it would be nice to see the sort of quality I can look forward to 8)

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Ok folks, here's a plan, suggested it to Paul last night but have been at work all day and just got back from Tesco (don't anyone say anything about whistles...... :wink:)

Alf, not intentional of course to be 'thou shalt' in any way, but unless we know what's happening the whole day is liable to go TU and the left foot don't know what the right hand's doing, if you get my drift, so this is what I propose:

All meet at PFT at 10.00am or thereabouts
Then back to my place in Wilton for coffee and biscuits at 11.30ish
Spend a couple of hours in Wilton and then over to Pete's place for lunch at about 2.00 - 2.30pm or so.
Spend the remainder of the day in Pete's shop until home time.

This is only a suggestion for openers, others may want a different way of sorting out the day which is much better than this one - Rob

Hi Rob,

If Pete is happy with your plan (given his back problems) then I reckon it's good. From our conversations at last week's bash, Pete clearly knows his stuff about metalworking (in a woodworking context you understand :wink: ) and I, for one, would welcome picking his brain and discussing a few metalworking techniques. So splitting the day, half in your shop and half in Pete's, sounds good.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

1400 to 1430 for lunch then, there will be a cold buffet, with menu various. Rob could you be I/C transport, in that you do a recce to find my place sometime before then you could lead on the way over to mine. I will be more than happy to talk metalwork, the two arts do need to mix.

Pete - happy with the transport arrangement, subject to others approval, and will 'plot a course' over to your place between now and then (will PM you)
Tentative numbers for the day are as follows:
Myself, Philly, Alf, Paul, Martin...(set a place for 3 :wink: :lol:) and Chisel
....if I've missed anyone out, please shout :lol: - Rob

Rob, no worries, really! I'm very used to plans of action - make a change to find it out before the event rather than during... :lol: Anyway that sounds okay as far as I'm concerned. Of course if there's a mass grab for one tool in PFT leading to bloodshed and argument we might have to rethink... :-k :wink:

Incidentally I got the okay from Rob (the hockey-lovin' one) on the sneak preview, plus the bonus of a "packet of swag" which is already en route :-$

Cheers, Alf

Looks like we have a plan. If a couple more want to come no problem. Make sure you are hungry.

Alf":2xe0l65d said:
Rob, no worries, really! I'm very used to plans of action - make a change to find it out before the event rather than during... :lol: Anyway that sounds okay as far as I'm concerned. Of course if there's a mass grab for one tool in PFT leading to bloodshed and argument we might have to rethink... :-k :wink:

Incidentally I got the okay from Rob (the hockey-lovin' one) on the sneak preview, plus the bonus of a "packet of swag" which is already en route :-$

Cheers, Alf

Alf - if he's still got it there was a Record combination plane of some description on the shelf above the till, plane boxed, complete and in immaculate, almost unused condition....something you might be interested in - Rob

Back