Metabo HC260

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dance

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a Metabo HC260 second hand from a guy who said it was a good P/T but had been lifted by its tables in the past and might need calibrating to accurately plane stock. I suspect this is a good assessment of the situation because it is fine at thicknessing but seems inaccurate with planing.

Does anyone know if it is indeed even possible to do anything with the equipment if the tables have been sort of bent or loosened?

The swing out handles you can see in this image
MET-RD26F-2.jpg
seem to be the problem - they're tighten only loosely onto the table top to secure it down.

Any help welcome. Thanks

Attachments

• MET-RD26F-2.jpg
    MET-RD26F-2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 75
Hi,

I have one of these and they're pretty well designed (it's a generic design that's been around a long time).

The removable outfeed table sits on those sloping edges of the side wall castings and is locked in place with the two lever arms.

The lever arms should be pretty tightly attached, with no 'play'.

It's hard to imagine the table casting or side wall castings bending very much under abuse (I suspect they're more likely to crack/break than bend).

What problems exactly are you experiencing - have you had a check with a straight edge?

Cheers, W2S

Back