MDF Dresser with arched top WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi JFC
I have a question about your unit.
How much paint did you use as it looks like I will be getting the two buildt in units to make :) ( work has been a little slow :( )
Hopefully I am can get as good a finish as you [-o< 8-[ :)

Hi Colin , 2.5 L of MDF Primer and ill be buying the same size tin for the top coat . £50 in paint to a finish coat id say , but ive also sprayed a radiator cover and a few of my own kitchen units while i had the gun out . Im no expert on spraying but your welcome to come over when im spraying them if your able too .

You must have read my mind ( not that there is much in there at the moment :roll: ) and as you are helpping me, I can bring some logs with me for turning.
I have some Sycamore and some Horthorn, both are nice to turn if you want some tips.
Also did you say that you have not done much carving as I thing you could do( I will bring my carving tools if you are up for it too).
How about tomorrow if you are not to busy 8-[ :)

Fitted the unit today \:D/
It seems from the pic that my spraying isnt very good but hey ive just started and it doesnt look so patchy to the naked eye :whistle:
19062006151.jpg

looks good jason, and i think photographing painted furniture is an art in itself.

i guess the only thing one could say is the angle you photographed from
shows that the gaps are not all the same, but hey, it looks even better
fitted, and i look forward to the story of your travels up and down the
stairs to finally fit it.

well done mate.
paul

Nice job, bet you had fun lifting the top in :x It is in two pieces I take it.
I work on my own and fitting MDF pieces can take some straining!
Keep up the good work.

The gaps are not the same ???? Hope you dont think i left it like that :lol:

jason i knew you were just testing me :lol: :lol: :lol:
actually what i said was the photo made it look like
you had left the gaps. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

paul :wink:

Hi Jason
I am glad to see he is back from holiday :roll:
Very nice =D> , nice to see it where it should be.

I hadn't realised that it was to be fitted into an alcove like that. Makes it even more impressive.

Andy

Back