MDF Dresser with arched top WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Not had much (nice) work in the workshop lately and with the slack Christmas time then the workshop getting broken into i've not had much to post :cry:
Ive just been making doors and mouldings for other Carpenters :roll:
Still now this job has come in and has been a nice one to do . Should be finished in a few days so i thought id post the WIP pics .
24042006076.jpg

24042006077.jpg

24042006078.jpg

27042006089.jpg

27042006090.jpg

03052006096.jpg

Nice work,and another classic example of "you can never have too many clamps" :lol:

Andrew

Looimg good JFC. The top curve and face fame over the vertical dividers works well for me. I've never considered using face frames over shelf dividers (or vertical) but think it's about time I did after seeing this.

Its going to be finished when the customer stops changing thier mind :roll:
There was talk of getting it sprayed but I think it may get a few sprayed coats at my workshop then a hand finish on site ( because i cant spray very well )
I got the draws made today so just the doors to do and its all done .
I did price to do it in oak but it was beyond what the customer wanted to spend . I may make one for myself in oak one day as the arch at the top with the fluting gives it real caracter IMHO .

Very nice JFC and similar to two units I might be making :)
I would like to see it finished

Very nice Jason. Glad that you are a bit busier.

Is the top thin MDF bent into shape?

Cheers

Tim

Tim , No the top is bendy ply . The corners are to sharp a curve to get thin MDF around .

I can confirm the dresser looks even more impressive in real life.

Just had an very enjoyable wet Saturday afternoon hiding out in Jasons workshop, chatting, drinking tea, eating biscuits and playing with Jasons new lathe.

Cheers mate :D

Ed

JFC
One quick question 8-[
Where did you get the bendy ply from and how much if you dont mind :)
Sorry all for the off topic question :)

Colin , I got it from Alsford timber but most suppliers can get it . i think it was about 30 quid . But i haven't paid my bill yet :lol:
Glad you enjoyed yourself Ed and i was very inpressed with your turning ! Your better than me at it :oops:
On that note i think Ed has a finished project he has to show the forum :D

Nearly there . A raised and fielded panel door ready for glue up .

08052006100.jpg

Doors on just a few bits to do .
10052006109.jpg

I bought the fully extending , self closing draw runners but the customer didnt want to loose draw space so opted for those ones :roll: Oh well they will go in my kitchen when i get round to making it :oops:
10052006110.jpg

Dont like the doors on the top part myself id have done fluted colums but the customer is always wrong eh .
10052006111.jpg

The draw on the left needs to be slammed shut im afraid :lol:

jason, maybe you should have gotten some of those under drawer
slides. in my experience, non full extending slides do not allow you
full access to the rear properly.

but it has grown into a nice thing, since that first planned curve i saw
before easter.

paul :wink:

JFC, I REALLY like it :D
I can't wait to see it finished.
I love the all the details you have chosen. It looks great. Brings back faith in MDF too :wink:

Looks like its going to hang around the workshop for a few more weeks :roll: So i stupidly offered to spray it #-o
Anyway heres the dresser primed
26052006126.jpg

Looking very good JFC, I hope I can get my spraying looking half as good as that. I will be happy :)

Back