Matching stile & rail

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahomo59

Established Member
Reaction score
I after replicating these style of doors to match in some units, can any one recommend a suitable cutter for the router table. Doors are approx 25mm thick.

Cheers

James

James, I can't make out what it is you're trying to replicate. There doesn't appear to be any shaping to the pieces in the pic. Is that a shot of the inside of the door showing the back of the floating panel in the frame ? Can you be a bit more specific.
Apologies if I've misinterpreted what you're asking.

It looks to me that the top door, which is the pattern, has a slight bevel, you can just make it out in the end grain,
and the lower door has been made and assembled, and now the OP wants to run the router around, lust for the bevel.
Mahomo59, If I am correct, I suggest you decide on the angle of bevel, use a sliding bevel and protractor or angle finder,
should you have one and trawl through this lot for you're choice in bevel angle and router shaft size.--

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=chamf ... d=0CD8QsAQ

HTH Regards Rodders

Axminster sell something like this as a rail and stile set, I think Steve's right, Shaker does ring a bell.

That's great guys, I'll order axi one and see what's it like. You're right very old fashioned! Te whole kitchen, if ever possible has too much oak. Top pic is looking down on the door and second is front facing. Really appreciate all your help and I'll do a WIP as a thank you.

Latest posts

Back