Marples Doweelling jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done, Colin, you've got yourself a real bargain there.

If you are going to make up some long rods, try to make up a second
G-cramp similar to the one that comes with the jig - you will find it useful for jobs where you cannot use the reference head and clamp that fit at the ends of the rods.

Paul

Hi Colin,

Pleased to hear that you have your jig. I have the standard set of rods that came with the jig. Then I have two more sets. One is about 21" long and the other 36" long. These have been long enough for all I have wanted to do.

I would suggest using the shortest rods appropriate to the work you are doing - if they are unnecessarily long, then they could become unwieldly and heavy when drilling into the end of a board. I would say work out what jobs you think you will be doing and then make up two or three sets of rods of various lengths.

By the way, I have a spare G-cramp for the jig, but it has the plastic swivel foot missing. You are welcome to it if it would help you. You could probably get a plastic swivel foot easily enough. If you would like it just PM me your address and I will send it to you.

All the best

Paul

Latest posts

Back