Makita VC3012M 240 V M Class Dust Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwDave

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to turn off the alarm on this machine?

I spent a lot on this thing, if you connect anything to it the alarm sounds, I returned it to Makita and they 'fixed' it (damaged in the return - but since repaired!) but it still constantly squawks at me all the time. I have sadly put up with it now for over 6 months so cannot return it but it is really getting to me.

So disappointing, I was a Makita fan but they have been no help in this matter at all.

Are you using the right size hose / tool and do you have that dialled in on the control panel ? There should be a knob that you adjust to match the hose diameter.
Alarm is supposed to tell you that you don't have enough airflow to extract properly. This varies according to the hose diameter.
If you connect to a tool that chokes the extractor too much your extractor will puppy at you.
If you connect too narrow a hose it will puppy at you. The worst culprits in my experience are sanders and thin hoses.
My Nilfisk fpr example can't be dialled in to work with the super skinny hoses of the Mirka hand sanding blocks no matter what suction power I set on the other knob..
If you use a thin stick to create an air leak where the hose plugs into the extractor, you will let the extractor have the minimum airflow it wants and it will stop whinging, but you'll have to live with the roar of the air rushing though that gap ....
If it's still complaining even when you're using a 35mm + hose for vacuuming the floor, that isn't an adjustment thing, the extractor is faulty. That's an unfit for purpose. I'd insist on a return as their repairs have failed to make it fit for purpose.

Last edited:
Thanks, yes I definitely have it set to the right size hose. It squawks with my sanders, biscuit jointer, router, band saw, chop saw, table saw and planner/thicknesser (I can forgive for the latter!). It even complains when I attach a reduced nozzle to suck up dust in awkward places!

You can improve it by using another vacuum to clean its filter but it clogs again really fast and anyhow this is silly! The reverse cleaning option does not seem to improve things at all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back