Makita DRT 50 Cordless Palm Router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil p

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I’m thinking of going for this router as I have the Katsu however the speed dial is starting to turn when running therefore you can’t run it at a constant steady speed, aswell as the cordless feature being appealing with the Makita.

Main question I’d like to ask is, would the Katsu plunge base fit the Makita?

Thanks.

Ive got the makita, its good. I'd guess at yes the base would fit, but i imagine the diameters are available on the net for comparison.
In terms of the speed dial, a low tech application of blutack or duct tape would work?

Thanks for the replies lads, and also the Blutak tip, I might make a mini table to fit the Katsu into.

As has been said the bases are interchangeable I bought a Katsu base & table plate for my Makita so I could leave the base attached to the plate when not in use, their accessories are very reasonable this is the plate in the top I cut for it

20ADFE90-C2D2-42D5-B1AF-CD3890A58FF4.jpeg

Unfortunately I’ve not had time to complete the table but it does work well even if I only clamp the battery in the tail vice :oops:

D6F8CE19-6772-4130-AEFB-FB1C361CB399.jpeg

instead of blue tack you could try sugru, the plasticine like stuff that sets and continues to be flexible,

although the replacement dial is about the same price so maybe go for that

Back