Low cost DIY Router Table lift facility

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On further reflection, I agree the drawer slides are a bad idea. Even the Accuride ones will rack a little bit. I think I need to get a bit of nylon strip to ride in a slot either side, and creep up on the measurement to take the play out of it.

I will post photos when there is something to look at...

Thanks. When you say 'aligned well for the lifting handle' - which lifting handle do you mean?

I have this one:
View attachment 156091

Re. slides, I'm pretty sure they are Accuride DZs as thats what we usually order at work, but I will check.
Aaarghh, I should have paid more attention to the original post. I got Titan and Triton mixed up! Mine is the Triton TRA001 that comes with a winding handle.

This effectively means it can be used as its own lift in a router table.

Sorry about that. Looking forward to seeing what solution you settle on.

How good is that lift, I know in your application all it is doing is lifting but how tight is it as to play / slop in a freestanding state. I am thinking of it in a domino bench application where a 700 domino is mounted to it to give height adjustment but if it has wobble then it is a non starter. I would only be looking at about 40mm lift so not at it's full extension and maybe with this reduced lift it would be possible to remove some of the parts so there are less joints.
I’ll have a look next time I’m in the workshop, but I certainly don’t remember any wobble

Does anyone know if the MAKITA RT0702CX4/2 will fit in the ENJOYWOOD GD7 PRO Router Lift.. It looks similar

Screenshot 2023-11-17 214320.pngScreenshot 2023-11-17 214403.pngScreenshot 2023-11-17 214510.png

Normally in a router table you would use a much larger router that takes 1/2 cutters and not a trim router because you need both power and rigid cutters, the 1/4 shank cutters can be a bit lightweight.

All you need to do is measure the diameter of your router body and see if it meets the sizes quoted by the lift.

I have a metabo that doesn't have a round body.
I also regularly use the router so don't want to bolt it upside down to the underside of my panel saw.

Normally in a router table you would use a much larger router that takes 1/2 cutters and not a trim router because you need both power and rigid cutters, the 1/4 shank cutters can be a bit lightweight.
All you need to do is measure the diameter of your router body and see if it meets the sizes quoted by the lift.

I agree completely about wanting a 1/2 collet.. It's also larger bearing and bigger motor
The other problem is that it's no longer that cheap, If I've spent £270 on the woodfan router lift and £320 on a new bosch 1617 router..
Or £400 on the JessEm Rout-R + router..

I'm currently thinking the best option might be to buy a cheap second-hand router and mount it to 8mm aluminium plate along with a ball screw and some linear bearings.. Inspired by JessEm Rout-R-Lift Prestige. With everything fastening to flat plates.

Looking at the picture below it doesn't look like they have even gone for linear beaings.

Screenshot 2023-11-18 075340.png

After a fair bit of research.... Please do your own research if your going to buy anything. I'm very happy to update if I have anything wrong..

Dewalt D26200 Compact Router – 900w

Collet System – 3-8mm, Includes 1/4" collet

Body Outer Diameter 69mm

Katsu Compact Router -710w

Body Outer Diameter 65mm

Makita RT0700CX4 Compact Router

Body Outer Diameter 65mm

Wood fan - Router lift for 89mm body router Product Code:WFNRL
Picture1.jpg

Bosch 1617
1/4" and ½” collet

Body Outer Diameter 89mm

Dewalt 618 - £350

1/4" and ½” collet

Body Outer Diameter 89mm

I started with the Kreg router table and plate with the big Triton router fitted and it worked ok, a few niggles sorted by modifying the Triton and remembering to always wind up to height and never down, even with such a large router, 2400 watts I still need to take multiple passes on mouldings. Next I got the Jessem prestige lift and refitted the Triton along with a muscle chuck, at this point the Triton is very basic because I have removed all the unnecessary components including the spindle lock which allows you get full range on the new lift. You have to see these american style lifts, they are very well made and use superb bearings on the Columns but this is not the best router setup these days, if I was starting off today then assuming I was still going the router table route and not the spindle moulder then I would not use any type of plunge router hanging from a plate and would use a motor in a clamp arrangement similar to the ENJOYWOOD. The clamping arrangement on the Jessem / Incra lifts is multipoint wheras the Enjoywood is a single clamp screw, this is the Jessem / Incra .

1700305050181.png

I like the look of the woodfans version as it takes the larger 89mm router motor and therefore larger motor and collet, apart from that it looks very similar to the enjoywood version.
Just emailed them to see if they would ship to the UK.

Interesting comment about clamping to the motor, guessing it helps it get rid of any movement.

1700306048327.png

Attachments

• 1700306096396.png
    1700306096396.png
    806.8 KB · Views: 0
I spoke to woodfan and they won't import into the UK.

So ordered the ENJOYWOOD GD7 PRO Router Lift along with a new dewalt router.

Does anyone know the rough size of the top on the Enjoywood router lift?
Screenshot 2023-11-22 102121.jpg

Back